Squad Builder: Feature wishlist

By Admiral Deathrain, in X-Wing Squad Builder

1. Offline use

2. Dial info

3. Auto save whilst building lists. I've already lost count of the times I've been interrupted or knocked backup on my phone by mistake and lost everything! This is infuriating and could be very easily solved by just continually autosaving. Just about every other 3rd party squad builder app does this.

4. Ability to sort upgrades by cost or alphabetically.

5. Link to further info or on rule clarifications etc from cards i.e. what bombs do when they explode etc. This is not essential functionality but would be a nice to have further down the line.

6. Rules reference built in (could link nicely into point 5 ? ).

There really should be an import/export feature that lets me send my squad to friends in a text message or other method. Maybe the QR code could be exported as a picture for sending in a text, then imported into a friend's builder. That way they don't have to know what all of the pilot abilities and cards are. They can put it in their builder and access full card text easily.

I hate the separate scrolling windows on the website version. So I hope they change that. (the entire UI is awful but I suppose it's too late to change that)

13 minutes ago, redxavier said:

I hate the separate scrolling windows on the website version. So I hope they change that. (the entire UI is awful but I suppose it's too late to change that)

If it took them more than 3 months from start to finish on this app, I'd be surprised. So, hopefully they'll get rid of the "Fisher Price" interface and make better use of the screen real estate. If they can't get the app cleaned up and bug free in a month I'll probably ditch all my X-Wing stuff.

Have I mentioned that the search filters are lacking? I'd like to search for ships by what upgrades or combinations of upgrades they can take. I can search for ships in a point range and see a bunch of pilot cards but that doesn't have the upgrades the ships can take. Search needs to have options for filtering by upgrades or when you see ships in search it has to show you the upgrades those ships can take.

And the choose options scroll for Ships should only show ships in the faction or factions you've selected but instead yet more scrolling.

Did anybody even try to find anything with Search before you released this?

Edited by Frimmel
didn't proof read
2 hours ago, XiliX said:

If they can't get the app cleaned up and bug free in           a month I'll probably ditch all my X-Wing stuff.  

Eeh what? I mean yeah, the app isn't great, but there are so many good alternatives that allow you to play the vastly improved game just fine that this just seems unreasonable. It's not like FFG is cracking down on those apps so their offering is the only one availiable. On a whole 2.0 is just a better experience than 1.0, regardless of app.

Another gripe: The pdf output is great, good feature that is very useful for TOs to check wether lists are legal under the current ruleset. However, scanning it gives you a link to the webapp, which you can't open with the wrapped app version. So on the device you can scan this on, there is no way to then go into the apropriate view for that device... To fix this, either add a reader to import lists directly in the app, add a feature to open squadbuilder links with it, or, ideally, both.

I don't know if its been suggested or not, but having the ability for a win/loss record you manually update would be great on saved lists. I would love a reporting feature to show my most successful pilots so I know performance wise what I fly best!

Edited by Jyico

A features that i would like to see is related with the collection. Allowing the upgrade card to show how many you have left in your collection.

Right now i can equip the same upgrade on every ship ( let say 5 tie fighter) while i only have 3 card in my collection). In that case i won't be able to play it in a tournament

A low priority for sure, but I would LOVE to be able to mark a list with wins and losses.

The most important amendment needs to be a game mode called Collection and therefore only list pilots and cards you have added in you collection (obviously). You can then bin Extended and Second Edition or at least Second Edition.

The other bugbear is that after saving a squad, selecting Back should take you back to your squad not the menu screen (Android App).

I work in Software design and delivery and apart from the above, the whole look and feel is so **** annoying. IE the whole 'only see one ship at a time' nonsense.

4 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

The most important amendment needs to be a game mode called Collection and therefore only list pilots and cards you have added in you collection (obviously). You can then bin Extended and Second Edition or at least Second Edition. 

The other bugbear is that after saving a squad, selecting Back should take you back to your squad not the menu screen (Android App).

I work in Software design and delivery and apart from the above, the whole look and feel is so **** annoying. IE the whole 'only see one ship at a time' nonsense.

A better option would be to have a checkbox (or something) that indicates that you want to enforce your collection on ALL game modes. But regardless of that there should be a way to tell if a card you are looking at or adding is not owned by you and what expansions you can get it from.

And the collection interface won't be fully viable until we get a way to add individual cards/dials to the list - mainly for inclusion of third market purchases (like my lonely 1.0 T65 that I bought some cards and a dial for).

Is it possible for the squad builder to change a list format, say second edition, to extended edition?