Nik Olah, RIP

By SirEuain, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

For those of you who don't know, Nik Olah is one of Old L5R's eminent Naga players, inspiring much of the Akasha and, of course, the Olyah.

Nik's gone into hospice today. I don't know what kind of communication's likely to go to or from him right now. I'm not in touch personally, just on his FB page.

Edit: His feed's full of condolences to his family now. :(

Edited by SirEuain

Thank you for letting us know.

As an old Naga player myself, the stories about Nik Olah (and getting to meet him once) were formative experiences for me when I started in this game. Thank you.

This is a unfortunate happening. I hopd he is able to find some comfort and reprieve from pain in hospice. My thoughts are with him.

The Naga Duel he and Rutledge held on the Day of Thunder was awesome, i felt so validated as a Naga player when i started playing the game at 12. In a store tournament around the same time a fellow Naga player and i also got paired up and didbmuch the same thing, one of the first times i felt a connection in thought to another i had not met after hearing talk of the day of thunder from locals who went.

playing Naga back then was truly a wonderful experience and a great mindset to get into when Way of the Naga came ouy for the RPG.

Nik is a great player who truly left his mark on the game and the world of L5R.

Edited by NathaninVic

Afraid it's looking like Nik passed. :(

Yes he passed away this morning. It is a sad day in the gaming world.

Poor guy. Its players like Nik that made L5R great.