How to deal with spectre cell

By corwin666, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I have come up against the new Spectre cell list and Skirmish upgrade and am struggling with how to defeat them. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Driven by hate

Vader

EJets

RJets

Cap. Terro

Thrawn

rImperial officer

Thrawn can get taken out quite fast but he can also deal heavy damage to them - plus checking the rebel player's card - if its really not one of his big cards that can affect the game, don't discard it to give him more chance at better cards - Specter Cell doesn't draw many cards after all.

Vader needs to carefully approach this, don't throw him into all of them - you will get chopped up

Terro needs to be the vanguard and apply weaken on Ezra and/or Sabine as they have white dice defense.
Jets need to do hit and run as usual, and keep 'em alive with Agile & Zillo as best you can.

rJets - play objectives away from any of the enemy members

Thats about it.

Vader is weak to Kanan and Ezra, so you need to get as less attacks as possible from them, while on the other side killing kanan with Vader would hurt both their defense power painfully and would Lower pretty much Ezra's damage curve.

Zeb is not a huge threat to Vader since he doesn't Pierce, but he's terribly dangerous for thrawn and jets due to his double strike, so watch out.

Hera is not a threat but her power to add a surge/damage is powerful especially on Zeb.

Sabine is OP. Free grenade and Free VP make her probably the most dangerous figure in terms of gaining point to win. She should be the most wanted, but she will stay behind and you can't ignore Ezra, Kanan and Zeb.

You should play with 7 activations to grant Vader the last activation during round 1, and despite of that always keep the dark lord with 2 block tokens up.

EDIT: Imperial lists without Zillo just WON'T work, that has to be adjusted.

Edited by erlucius90

I'd dump terro for more eJets. Which map are you playing? Or eRiots. When the spectres get conditions they wilt. Don't put vader out too far where he's by himself either.

26 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I'd dump terro for more eJets. Which map are you playing? Or eRiots. When the spectres get conditions they wilt. Don't put vader out too far where he's by himself either.

I agree. Some timely weakens and or stun combined with a surge cancel can go a long way when defending against them. Then just focus on taking Ezra.

Ezra is definitely the last one to be attacked, Zeb and Kanan are the easy kill, don't waste attacks focus and eliminate.

Keep shooting, move around and don't get close, let them do the work