League play??

By slagbeast, in Cosmic Encounter

Just wondering if there are any plans to have a league.
Probably have scenarios with 5 specific aliens encountering each other.
-throw in specific flares or remove certain artifacts etc.

Or just a place to post which aliens were played and record the winner(s).

Yes? No? Good idea? Bad idea?

I know they have a League play over at CEO, but I think that Cosmic would be better done as a convention or store-sponsored league. I don't think there is much of a plot to the game to hang a story on unlike Arkham or some of the other war games.

I dunno, I think something like this could be interesting. For instance, I came up with this one a few days ago. I have yet to test it out, but see what you guys think. Any ideas/ suggestions?

Scenario : Traders and Barbarians

Players : 3-5

Setup : The following aliens are allowed-

Green - Barbarian, Chosen, Clone, Filch, Hacker, Miser, Mutant, Reserve, Trader, Vulch.

Yellow - Fido, Fodder, Hate, Kamikaze, Philanthropist, Remora.

Remove any Encounter cards higher then 15 from the Encounter Deck.

Added rule(s) : Negotiations only have 30 seconds to take place, otherwise each main player loses 3 ships to the warp.

Overview : This scenario encourages gaining lots cards, as well as shrewd use of alliances. Because there are no really high cards, knowing when to use your powerful cards becomes more important. There are many powers that allow you to gain additional cards, but with the increased ratio of Negotiates, plan your hand accordingly.

I like it; that's very creative.

I mentioned in the "expansion wish list" thread that I'd love to see something like what could be called "themed scenarios." What you posted is very close to what I have in mind.

Nice idea webslinger9. I will try that scenario out the next time I play.

I like this idea a lot. Here’s a contribution.

-Cosmic Debris -

Aliens Allowed:

Cudgel
Grudge
Hate
Kamikaze
Machine
Masochist (optional)
Shadow
Vacuum
Void

Optional/Special Rule:
Any player that whishes to use a Reinforcement card must send one of his ships in any colony to the warp.

Overview : This scenario will require more careful ship management. There are high probabilities of power and foreign colonies loss. Masochist will be a constant concern.