Army Storage

By KennedyHawk2, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Just getting into Rune Wars and I already see myself buying way too much. What’s the best way to store your painted armies. For other ministers games I used Plano fishing boxes with extra trays but the actual trays in this game and size of miniatures make it hard to fit things. Any tips or suggestions on safe storage for minions? (Note we have tree people playing out of my collection so storing three armies in the core box has not been working ;))

These are almost exactly the height of all but the largest miniatures (heroes/seige). You can fit five trays wide and I think five trays deep. The larger miniatures can be accommodated by laying them on their sides. Right now, two trays accommodates an army for a faction. I've got one extra that is basically taking terrain, the books, and a smaller box with cards. Then I've got one extra that technically works for storing my current playing army, for faster/easier transport and set-up to game nights and tournaments.

http://www.michaels.com/iris-scrapbook-case/10373070.html#start=2

Thanks this looks great got a picture of your collection or a stuffed box?

I didn't realize the forum supported individual uploads, so I took a few and decided to test it out.

I've got one with everything closed so you can see how it fits. I've got some lightly painted Uthuk, actually a close variation of Church's list when I choose to play Uthuk----That's a good example of a game box that can be taken to the tournament or store on game day without having to haul everything. I've got an elf infantry box that is more than enough for the Archers/Darnati. Finally, I've got the Cav/Seige hero group, plus cards and the very long movement/range rulers which don't fit in my other box. The two boxes contain the entirety of my Latari. I've got one other Uthuk box, but I haven't really bought in on a massive scale, so it is quite sparse. I also keep some free-floating figures in my Latari box because I think I've got enough tray basing to handle what I'd actually play at the table.

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

I use a MagnaRack from Battlefoam, can't recommend it highly enough

I use boxes. Lots of boxes. And the floor. The floor holds the boxes up really well.

We cant use the dining room anymore except for board games but that’s alright by me (and I pay the mortgage).

Apparently other people eat in this space???

Once we outgrow the dining room I’ll have to knock a wall down or get one of the kids to sleep in the garage (I’ll give him a sleeping bag - I’m not a monster)

3 minutes ago, Jukey said:

I use these too! I got foam from https://www.onlinefabricstore.net it's cheap for pluck foam.

I found that pulling the trays from the bottom is perfect for most armies you can field, in their trays. Then use the top section for tokens, dials, miscellany.

Mine sit on exposed shelves, in front of all my D&D stuff, protecting the far smaller models from cat attacks.

So far, the Waiqar have fought the brunt of it (them Carrion Lancers yo) but they are study and hold strong. I have yet to witness any change to the Uthuk battle line on the far right side of the shelf. Either the cats haven't ventured up that way yet (Ravos causes fear don't you know) or the line of spikey boi's is holding them off. Who knows. . .

For transport, I use KR Cases and generic foam inserts but as I only have a small amount of foam, it gets swapped around depending on if I am playing X wing, GuildBall, Rune Wars or D&D.

I am going to go buy some of those top ones! Thanks @Vergilius . Right now I use the box from original game for 8 trays and then all my other stuff in bags, like dials, tokens, etc. I have a Barkbox box with a bunch of trays and sadly plastic just thrown in. I use the box from the Uthuk to hold about 16 trays, most of my Uthuk army. I don't like it.

I do have a thin 3 ring binder that holds all my cards and guides/rulebook

Edited by Curlycross