Latari Ventala "Cowtaurs" and Fire Rune

By Darth Matthew, in Runewars Rules Questions

The new unit coming out adds a blue die if it performs a shoot action at range 1-3.

If I run a block of 4 trays,

With Maegan Cyndewin, Rune of Fire, Metered March and Hunter's Guile...

Whenever I shoot, if at Range 1-3, add a blue die.

Whenever I shoot (or fight), Maegan lets me either gain lethal green runes, or each enemy at range 1-red runes takes surge in damage.

Whenever I shoot (or Fight) if at range 1-green runes of an overgrowth marker, may swap 1 die for a White Die.

So, in theory, If I dial up a shoot and skill action, I would Shoot as normal (1 red die) and if at range 1-3, add a blue. And if near overgrowth, swap either die for White. AND either gain lethal, or spend surges to burst damage over red area.

Then I use the Fire Rune, which says perform a shooting attack, which would again Trigger the Extra Blue die, Maegan's ability and the white die swap?

Looks like you can toss out some significant damage. Using metered march to range in just right, and the ability to flip strait moves to banks as well.

More Cowbell.

That jives with my reading of it.

Similarly, Fire Rune and Cacophony Reaver will stack for Viper Legion

Edited by Church14

Wow, this one slipped by me. Fire rune is a ranged attack, and it's a long running fact that hunters guile and meagan work with it. I see no reason why the blue die would not add to fire rune, making them the deadliest unit to take it.

In theory, on a turn with 2 green runes and 4 red, you could swap the blue die for white, and if you roll double hit on both, they do 18 damage with fire rune and meagans lethal.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Jukey said:

Wow, this one slipped by me. Fire rune is a ranged attack, and it's a long running fact that hunters guile and meagan work with it. I see no reason why the blue die would not add to fire rune, making them the deadliest unit to take it.

In theory, on a turn with 2 green runes and 4 red, you could swap the blue die for white, and if you roll double hit on both, they do 18 damage with fire rune and meagans lethal.

True. Or, swap the red for white and roll up 2 double surges for 4 damage to everyone within range 4 of the target.

I can hear @Parakitor calling for the judge already. ? ? ?