ToL Mini Campaign

By gazzagames, in Imperial Assault Campaign

So I just want to check I have this right, from looking through the new mini Campaign in ToL if you play with the maximum of 3 side missions both sides will end up with 13 XP each - 10 for the campaign (including the starting 2 XP) & 3 for the side missions...?

Just seems a little higher than usual is all.... ?

It might be a little higher than average. In the core campaign the rebels have had 14 XP.

In my (unofficially) extended Twin Shadows and the Bespib Gambit minicampaigns I reduced the rewards from the epilogs from 3XP to 2XP (and less credits) to compensate for the side missions. (It was known from the start.)

Edited by a1bert

Thanks! Blimey was it really 14 in the core set??!!

That seems like a long time ago in..... oh wait someone already used that line....

22 minutes ago, gazzagames said:

10-14XP depending on who wins the story missions. (Or something like that.)

Edited by a1bert
3 hours ago, gazzagames said:

That seems like a long time ago in..... oh wait someone already used that line....

Yeah, max is 14, just checked. Same is true for Hoth and Jabbas Realm.

Has anyone played through ToL and can update this thread with how many XP to expect? Or do the optional missions provide some sort of non-xp benefit for winning?

The first post said it all. 4 missions = 10XP for the finale, 7 missions = 13XP for the finale.

Cool. Thanks for the confirmation, a1bert!

5 hours ago, a1bert said:

The first post said it all. 4 missions = 10XP for the finale, 7 missions = 13XP for the finale.

I guess a point to note is that the XP awards are consistent win or lose, both sides get the same... The difference is in additional credits/rewards or influence, so this is where the campaign may be won or lost....

(To avoid multiple threads of very similar names, I'll post this here. I hope you guys don't mind :-) ).

I've just read through the Tyrants of Lothal campaign, epilogues & all possible side missions/variants included, and color me impressed, 'cause ToL is great! ToL continues the tradition of expansions adding new ways of playing the game, proving that ingenuity is something FFG has in spades! In short, the campaigns keep getting cleverer and cleverer, and I love it!

The interactive campaign structure aside, the ToL story offers (among other things)...

an AT-AT duel/chase, unearned allies showing up for specific missions, speedbike vs bluurgh rider chase, figures interacting with the game before they're deployed, clancker battle droids (although they are mission tokens), and many cool things besides

Adding to that, the story is very strong and aligns very closely to Star Wars: Rebels , capturing not only story beats, characters, and milieus from that show but also its atmosphere, style, and feel. If you love SW:Rebels , you're gonna love ToL ! :-D

The IA team is getting good at this story thing, and I love them for it! :-D (Now, if they could only hire some prose masters to clean up the frequently clunky briefing texts... ;-) ).

Edited by angelman2

(double post)

Edited by angelman2
On 9/8/2018 at 7:12 AM, angelman2 said:

(To avoid multiple threads of very similar names, I'll post this here. I hope you guys don't mind :-) ).

I've just read through the Tyrants of Lothal campaign, epilogues & all possible side missions/variants included, and color me impressed, 'cause ToL is great! ToL continues the tradition of expansions adding new ways of playing the game, proving that ingenuity is something FFG has in spades! In short, the campaigns keep getting cleverer and cleverer, and I love it!

The interactive campaign structure aside, the ToL story offers (among other things)...

an AT-AT duel/chase, unearned allies showing up for specific missions, speedbike vs bluurgh rider chase, figures interacting with the game before they're deployed, clancker battle droids (although they are mission tokens), and many cool things besides

Adding to that, the story is very strong and aligns very closely to Star Wars: Rebels , capturing not only story beats, characters, and milieus from that show but also its atmosphere, style, and feel. If you love SW:Rebels , you're gonna love ToL ! ?

The IA team is getting good at this story thing, and I love them for it! ? (Now, if they could only hire some prose masters to clean up the frequently clunky briefing texts... ? ).

I saw the mission for that first thing you mentioned, and I'm very excited about it.

Looks absolutely brilliant :)

On 9/10/2018 at 3:01 PM, subtrendy2 said:

I saw the mission for that first thing you mentioned, and I'm very excited about it.

Same. I ended up going on eBay for some

Lego AT-AT mini-figs to use instead of Mission Tokens (yawn).

1 hour ago, Bitterman said:

Same. I ended up going on eBay for some

Lego AT-AT mini-figs to use instead of Mission Tokens (yawn).

That is a fantastic idea!

I think I'll use the ones from Rebellion. They're probably about the right size.

2 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

That is a fantastic idea!

I think I'll use the ones from Rebellion. They're probably about the right size.

Actually that was my first thought, but I'd need to buy it first - a few odds and ends on eBay was cheaper than a giant game box!

On 9/5/2018 at 2:04 PM, gazzagames said:

You think that's bad? The IP can earn up to 23 influence in the core campaign.