Question about rest/corruption timing...

By guest455987, in Middle-earth Quest

Finally got this to the table last night (received it from my Secret Santa in November) and really loved it. It seems like a fantastic game and I'm eager to play again. As expected, it took a while to get everything clear, but after the first couple of turns it really moved along nicely and everything was fairly intuitive. But I did have one question relating to the timing of resting and discarding corruption cards...

My friend played 2 Heroes and I was Sauron, and one of his Heroes had a corruption card ("Despondency", I think) that said that whenever you rest, Sauron's left-most story marker moves 2 spaces, instead of the usual 1. The rules say that when you rest, Sauron's left-most story marker moves 1 space, and the rules also say that when you rest, you can remove one corruption card by paying the favor cost. So what I'm wondering is... if you decide to rest, does the designation of "resting" count for that corruption card's rule, even though during that rest, the player then pays the favor to remove the card? In other words, the rest has to happen to allow you to do the rest ability of paying to discard the corruption card, so since the rest happens, wouldn't the card still take effect?

I didn't really contend the point, and it was probably moot, anyway, as I would have lost badly, regardless... but I wanted to follow up on that for future reference.

I go with TK, like I did on BGG cool.gif .

Me, too!

TK

Heh, well that's what I think, too, but I guess I'm hoping for Corey to respond with an official answer...