New Hote Campaing - Imperial class deck

By lorunks, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hi all!

We're starting a Hote campaign soon: we're all experienced campaign players (all the campaign up to Jabba done).

Heroes will run: MHD, Fenn, Shyla, Drokkata.

As imperial deck, I want to try:

- Power of the dark side

- Technological superiority

(reactive defenses was another choice, but with that blasting and cleaving heroes, the little droid seems to me a bad choice).

I think boh deck will be fun: what will be the best against that heroes?

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks for answer

The heroes are really strong (and MHD makes them even better - through guaranteed Adrenal Stims and out-of-activation recovering damage ). You're going to have quite a lot of trouble whatever deck you choose.

Power of the Dark Side has some counter to them ( Embrace Suffering ), Hutt Mercenaries is probably another deck that might work against MHD-19 due to having high spike damage. Reactive Defenses is below average, especially with those heroes.

I would even suggest to ask the rebel players that you get +1 Threat Level throughout the campaign due to their hero choice. It won't be enough, but would be a small morale boost for the imperial going into the campaign.

Edited by a1bert

I wholeheartedly concur with a1bert on this one. That is a monster hero group. An alternative could be to perhaps ask them to challenge themselves by using suboptimal heroes?

I liked Tech Super when I was running it. Technical Support is kinda fun to heal or focus people. Cloaking device is also a favorite of mine.

On 9/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, a1bert said:

The heroes are really strong (and MHD makes them even better - through guaranteed Adrenal Stims and out-of-activation recovering damage ). You're going to have quite a lot of trouble whatever deck you choose.

Power of the Dark Side has some counter to them ( Embrace Suffering ), Hutt Mercenaries is probably another deck that might work against MHD-19 due to having high spike damage. Reactive Defenses is below average, especially with those heroes.

I would even suggest to ask the rebel players that you get +1 Threat Level throughout the campaign due to their hero choice. It won't be enough, but would be a small morale boost for the imperial going into the campaign.

I agree with Shyla and MHD.

I played one time Drokkata, and I wasn't very impressed. Is Drokkata really so strong?

1 minute ago, Eyfrosyne said:

I played one time Drokkata, and I wasn't very impressed. Is Drokkata really so strong?

Yes, especially if she gets a few extra sources of surges. With the right abilities she never oversurges, and with Dispersal Shot she can get that one extra surge to recover (for Demolish) or Blast or Shrapnel Rounds (or the double-surge ability from Repeater Cannon also adds a damage to the target), and gains a damage power token for extra damage at the end of each activation.

In other words she can spread her damage, so there is no overkill, and Demolish can finish up figures (or even groups) or just get through tough defenses to soften up the hostile figures for someone else to finish off.

You would want to have Thrawn to force some other hero to have the first activation.

But even Thrawn can't help if Fenn can go first with Havoc Shot + Rebel Elite for Blast 2.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:15 PM, a1bert said:

Yes, especially if she gets a few extra sources of surges. With the right abilities she never oversurges, and with Dispersal Shot she can get that one extra surge to recover (for Demolish) or Blast or Shrapnel Rounds (or the double-surge ability from Repeater Cannon also adds a damage to the target), and gains a damage power token for extra damage at the end of each activation.

In other words she can spread her damage, so there is no overkill, and Demolish can finish up figures (or even groups) or just get through tough defenses to soften up the hostile figures for someone else to finish off.

You would want to have Thrawn to force some other hero to have the first activation.

But even Thrawn can't help if Fenn can go first with Havoc Shot + Rebel Elite for Blast 2.

Thank you! I would like to try again Drokkata, could Drokkata synergy well with Shyla and Vinto? or is that too many multi target heroes?

Edited by Eyfrosyne

I keep reading this thread as a type of "New Hope".

But yeah, in our most recent Jabba's Realm campaign (non-app) our Drokkatta player also underperformed pretty badly. Or, at the very least, wasn't close to how I expected.

I think it had at least something to do with Vinto simply being faster and less strain heavy and clearing up the concentrated areas of troops before Drokkatta could even get to them, though.

Thanks for all the answer.

I'm aware of the difficulty: at least every hero has a black dice (dodge, unless for Fenn, will not be an issue during this campaign ? )

I choose POTDS and I think my build will be:

Dark Resurgence

Embrace Anger

Unnatural abilities

Embrace Suffering

But i will adapt the strategy togheter with Agenda cards. I hope to rush Armored Division and starting to deploy a Unnatural abilities AT-DP, wasting (or hoping to waste) Blast, cleave and so on. Then, I think Embrace Suffering will work for Focused and Stunning MHD, Blasting Fenn, Cleaving Shyla and empowered by token Drokkata.

I'll let you know :)