Altered Fates new DLC is now available to play !

By Nighthawk101, in Mansions of Madness

Starting it now.....

Looks like it just requires the core set.

Going to purchase it now!

There's a great game mechanic in this one , not going to spoil it though.

Finished 2 player. It was fun, but I wasn't overly surprised about the mechanics involved. I think, honestly, the preview on FFG spoiled a bit too much of how to 'solve' the scenario. We won pretty handily, but I lost to a very unfortunate insanity pull.

I had obsessive and absolutely no way to get to the 'past' to reveal the final search tokens. There was no reason for Kate to run by the Shoggoth to go after a random search icon.

We also triggered a mythos event involving fire that didn't give us any text, so we just ignored it because we didn't know what to do. It didn't stall out the scenario, but did likely prevent a fire from spreading.

Edited by Soakman

can't wait for the italian translation. Hopefully it will be released on the 21th with the italian version of SoT...

Just played my first game of Altered Fates and I liked it.

We had to use most of the tiles from Sanctum of Twilight (which I just received for my birthday) and we got a whole lot of different monsters to fight, so that was fun. Also, had to do a lot of puzzles, more than usual felt like.

My wife played Lily Chen and she was a beast in combat. Lily and Father Mateo with the Shriveling spell did most of the damage done (though the Father became insane in the end from using the spell so many times).

We managed a win just before Finn Edwards (me) and William Yorick were thrashed by a Star Spawn, good fun!

1 hour ago, cheapmate said:

We had to use most of the tiles from Sanctum of Twilight

It is important not just to have the tiles on the board, but are the tiles respected and exploited for their artwork?

Obviously if they have to create a scenario even for the basic game it means that the tiles of the expansions will never be 100% exploited for their artwork.

When I started to play this, description and introduction texts were not shown correctly, but a string 'SCENARIO_OUT_OF_TIME...' instead.
I suppose this may came from my app setting of language; Japanese.
However, there is no problem on other DLCs with this setting even they are not translated in Japanese; English text is shown in this case.
I will feel happy if you fix this.

Edited by daikaku

We were eliminated on our play-through of this one, but liked what it did a lot!

maybe next weekend...

How do you download it from Amazon? I can't find it in their app store

No idea about over there, but there is still a bug that doesn't show this DLC via the game tab in steam.

The direct link however, works: https://store.steampowered.com/app/929680/Mansions_of_Madness__Altered_Fates/

19 hours ago, vsolfronk said:

How do you download it from Amazon? I can't find it in their app store

If you haven't found it yet there is a link directly from the product page. If you use this link this will take you to the Amazon app page where you can chose to have it delivered to your device. GL

I already have the MoM main app on my Fire tablet. I was wondering how to get the DLCs from Amazon. Do they just install on my device automatically?

17 minutes ago, vsolfronk said:

I already have the MoM main app on my Fire tablet. I was wondering how to get the DLCs from Amazon. Do they just install on my device automatically?

Like most software I'm sure that it is probably just a key to unlock the software that is there. I'm assuming that if you click to buy it in the app it will get you where you need to be to make the purchase. That being said, I have never had to buy through the Amazon app store.