Death Troopers. Thoughts so far?

By NeverBetTheFett, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

well, a lot of ppl dont like signal jammer, so there's a place :) but its hard to pull it off on palp or you should at least put force rush then

7 minutes ago, Arviss said:

well, a lot of ppl dont like signal jammer, so there's a place :) but its hard to pull it off on palp or you should at least put force rush then

yeah, double Force Lightning is pretty potent though with Single Purpose

On 10/30/2018 at 3:01 PM, Arviss said:

But I'm guessing you put signal jammer in the list as a second protection against take initiative? And probably some other things too.

I played the list this weekend at a store tourney. It was a ton of fun and very effective. Having Thrawn spend his surge token on a shot, then giving him another one with the eDT, then having palp give him another big attack was great. And the eDT was able to pick off a smuggler during its turn as well. The part where handing out the token doesn't take an action is the best part.

The low damage might be a drawback, but there's times that figures survive attacks with 1 or 2 health. So a weaker attack against the opponents wounded figures, or objective runners, or other support figures can be really useful. Especially anything with a white die, the red should push through its damage if they don't dodge. And if you've got Vader or palp in the list you can tee things up to get choked or tempted or zapped.

As far as them having surge tokens, uscru quite possibly has 0 attacks first round, so there will be extra tokens to go around. At least on that map.

I like the DT so far. Imperials needed some useful figures in the 3/4 point cost range. I treat them like a support figure similar to the Clawdite and use them to round out lists when I have a couple points left over.

As others mentioned, they have some neat combos they can pull off with command cards and field tactics. I don't use it very often, but it's nice to have the option to add a little bit of burst damage when needed.

12 hours ago, Jaric256 said:

I like the DT so far. Imperials needed some useful figures in the 3/4 point cost range. I treat them like a support figure similar to the Clawdite and use them to round out lists when I have a couple points left over.

As others mentioned, they have some neat combos they can pull off with command cards and field tactics. I don't use it very often, but it's nice to have the option to add a little bit of burst damage when needed.

I'm the same. I think they're great to round out a list and are super versatile. I also use them more like clawdites, and keep them back until I need a good attack or combo with another figure. I think FFG scored a win on this one. They're not overpowered and yet are extremely useful. Worth their points and super fun!