Ultimate Brawler List

By buckero0, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Who can fill the best Brawler list? Rebels - Imperial - Mercs? and who would be in their deck?

Rebels have the best named characters, but are pricey.

Imperials have the Riot Troopers and Vader and can Temp Alliance in others.

Mercs have Gamorean Guards, Shyla, Maul but can add Tress or Zeb or even Luke JK with temp alliance

The command card deck

should probably include Urgency, Deathblow, Dying Lunge, Pummel, Face to Face, Element of Surprise.

How necessary are the Parting Blow type cards? I think this card works better in Imperial lists just because you'll probably have Unshakeable already if you're running Vader, but Rebels and Merc lists may not have it

I've done well with the all-out max riot squad build, but I'm wondering if enough cards and figures have arrived to allow some other factions to have their day in the sun for melee type figures.

Can I add Bossk to your possibilities? He also can figure in to Parting Blow tomfoolery, and can discard stun after the round.

24 minutes ago, totalnoob said:

Can I add Bossk to your possibilities? He also can figure in to Parting Blow tomfoolery, and can discard stun after the round.

Definately. Including Nexu and trandoshans there are a ton of brawlers in the merc faction that want to be up close. I was really thinking that there would be more melee type cards released with this wave and we got random strain devices and recovery cards and more power token cards instead

Edited by buckero0

Don't forget "Looking for a Fight". It's zero points and is great for brawlers. I find Parting Blow pretty solid with the current brawlers. I think getting stunned is negatively overrated! Also, it's a good deterrent for them running away since they know you probably have it. I also feel like it makes riots so powerful. You get an attack in, then they attack on their turn and move and your riot gets another attack! All for the cost of a stun? Yes, please.

38 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Don't forget "Looking for a Fight". It's zero points and is great for brawlers. I find Parting Blow pretty solid with the current brawlers. I think getting stunned is negatively overrated! Also, it's a good deterrent for them running away since they know you probably have it. I also feel like it makes riots so powerful. You get an attack in, then they attack on their turn and move and your riot gets another attack! All for the cost of a stun? Yes, please.

That's not a bad point about the stun and it's something I'd never considered. You can almost think of it like using the card to move your attack up a round, i.e. instead of Round 1: move -> attack and Round 2: move -> attack, it's now Round 1: move -> attack -> attack, Round 2: (unstun) -> move.

If they printed a card with "take an extra action, and it can be a second attack, then get stunned" people would be all over it. Situationally, that's kind of how parting blow works (except that your opponent has a bit more control over when it triggers).

Based on competitive play results, I think you would have to say that right now Imperial Brawlers have the edge.

That being said, cards like "Dying Lunge," "Induce Rage," and "Worth every credit" (or whatever that last one is called) could really help beef up some mercenary lists. Mercs also have the Rancor who can trigger parting blow simply by stepping on a figure and moving it into a new space (and with the Lothcats adding tokens to the Rancor, it has yet to be seen how viable this could be but there is potential for experimentation). The Bantha's a brawler, but if you are trying to make the Bantha attack you aren't optimizing its use so 'parting blow' just isn't as solid for the bantha. They still seem like a Tier 3 unit to me, but it could be interesting to run "Tusken Raiders" with Lie in Ambush as a solid option for using "jundland terror" at the end of rounds or using some of those sweet brawler card and breaking through an opponents back line (Deathblow on a ranged figure gets the elite Tusken a 64% chance to do 5 damage vs 1 black die, which is still not great but also not terrible) in a Bantha list.

1 hour ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

Based on competitive play results, I think you would have to say that right now Imperial Brawlers have the edge.

Totally agree. I'm LOVING using e-riots right now. I find that their damage output is so worth their figure cost. And with the brawler (and other movement command cards), them being melee hasn't bothered me too much. They also synergize well with Vader and/or e-jets.

I've had a ton of fun with two eRiots and Hater Vader.

Pummel works well with Nexu, particularly the elites: Beast Tamer into position, attack twice, Bleed and Cleave for days. Beast Tamer and Pounce help mitigate the Stun penalty from using Parting Blow, as well. And eGamorreans with their Reach are easier to use Pummel with than most Brawlers.

I won a small Store Championship last year using two eGamorreans and two eNexus as my heavy hitters; I did a writeup here somewhere about it.

I know this won a store championship. I believe the the list is called "Thump".

2 eRiots

4 rRiots

2 Officers

Zillo

RBF

5 hours ago, Tvboy said:

I know this won a store championship. I believe the the list is called "Thump".

2 eRiots

4 rRiots

2 Officers

Zillo

RBF

It also came second at the Toronto store champ, I was the only one to defeat it and the guy ended up 2nd place, while I finished 3rd. Uscru isn't a good mission for that list, especially against Drokkatta and Han (:

Add LolCats to the list. They are very effective.

8 hours ago, DerBaer said:

Add LolCats to the list. They are very effective.

I've not used them yet, but... really? For the same figure cost as an rStormtrooper they have the same stats as an rStormtrooper, melee instead of ranged (but Pounce to mitigate that somewhat, and a fixed Pierce), and an action ability to give a block token, instead of an attack dice reroll.

I wouldn't ordinarily describe rStormtroopers as "very effective". What am I missing about lolcats?

Edited by Bitterman

The elites.

Ambush Elite Lolcats and then Pummel, Parting Blow, use Tokens.

54 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

Ambush Elite Lolcats and then Pummel, Parting Blow, use Tokens.

are you finding people that leave their figures in the deploy zone still? or are you talking about a specific map (uscru maybe or the jawa map)

The LoLcats do have pounce, so its deployment zone +3 squares. Might not help with pummel but the rest would be fine. Also now I'm going to have to try that in a list.