Ideas for Future Expansions

By palleon, in Mansions of Madness

Do we have an ideas / suggestions thread for future expansions? I couldnt find one, so apologies if I missed it.

However - I would dearly love for them at some point to make the following from Lovecrafts books...

• Egyptian themed - new tiles are in a pyramid, exploring some of Lovecrafts books like Nyarlothotep
  • Mountains of Madness - Lets leave the enclosed buildings, give us some outdoor themes - get us up in the mountains exploring one of the best Lovecraft books
  • Ancient Aztec Ruins - exploring outside in the jungle, and inside some Aztec ruins, mazes and the like
  • The Colour from Space - a farm based theme, exploring the outdoors, the meteorite remains, the farm house, the well..

or some of the great Arkham books they released recently, especially:

• Ire of the Void - have us following the story from the book (no spoilers here) but it would lend itself well to the Mansions system
  • Dirge of Reason - exploring Arkham and investigating the problems from the story

But generally, some open air, outside adventures would be great. I know its "Mansions" of madness, but the system you have would lend itself very well to outside gameplay if the tiles were done well.

These are great ideas!

I guess if Horrific Journeys ( https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/2/horrific-journeys/ ) is a hit, then Fantasy Flight Games would look at more of the same with possibilities you have mentioned above. For now we are going to get a steam train, ocean liner, and air ship/dirigible, that will take us away from the familiar mansions and streets settings.

I would like to see expansions that adds the Keeper cards for all scenarios, allowing one to play like 1st Edition.

8 hours ago, OomGert said:

I would like to see expansions that adds the Keeper cards for all scenarios, allowing one to play like 1st Edition.

I'd second that, in an instant

Yes i like to hit the road and have more countryside, small towns, farms, mines etc..... and of course.... travel somewhere snowy, like the thing films

I want just 1 expansion: a Scenario Editor

10 hours ago, Shooock said:

I want just 1 expansion: a Scenario Editor

A fan created one has been around for awhile. Check out the Valkyrie Wiki page for more information. At this point this is as close to official as it seems will be around.

Edited by LordPyrex