Backstab rule

By KelYco, in Rules Questions

Hello to all,

I din't find a backstab attack (with a melee weapon) clearly described in the GCRB.

Ok, the character does an opposed check Stealth vs Vigilance and in case of success, how do you treat the backstab?

1. Do you add Blue dice (depending on the advantage during the opposed stealth check ) for the attack ?

2. Do you upgrade ability dice ?

3. Do you increase +10 (depending of the advantage during the attack) the critical injury (in case of critical injury happened) ?

4. Do you add + X damage ?

5. any suggestion ?

Thank you for your replies

Edited by KelYco

wouldnt backstab be covered by aim?

Backstab is a tier 3 talent found in Realms of Terrinoth . If you Attack a target who is unaware of you with a Melee (Light) weapon, you may make a the combat check using Skulduggery instead of Melee (Light), and each success is +2 damage instead of +1.

Thank c__beck... i was indeed thinking more about something like that (+2 damage instead of +1).

?

To keep with backstab idea and multiple opponents, when a NPC "Z" is busy attacking someone (melee attack), in the case few PC attack "Z" in the same time, does the GM downgrade the melee difficulty to touch "Z" because he receive multiple attack in the same round ?

If a PC try to attack "Z" in this back (even if "Z" is aware of it but he is busy with other opponents, does the PC receive blue die for his action ?

How do you manage this pls?

Edited by KelYco

The closest analogue to Sneak Attack is Quick Strike, which gives additional Boost per rank when attacking a target that has not yet acted in this encounter. Obviously more than one or two ranks of this is not worthwhile, but my campaign is experimenting with a rank 3 Quick Strike (improved) that allows it to be used against a target that is unaware of the attacker's presence and a rank 5 Quick Strike (supreme) version that works essentially like a Pathfinder Rogue's Sneak Attack ability, i.e any time an opponent is off guard.

I've thought about adding an Improved level to the Backstab from Terrinoth that gives something like +30 to any Critical hit when using the basic Backstab.

52 minutes ago, Sturn said:

I've thought about adding an Improved level to the Backstab from Terrinoth that gives something like +30 to any Critical hit when using the basic Backstab.

Maybe in keeping with the base talent +10 to crit roll equal to ranks in Skulduggery?

6 hours ago, yeti1069 said:

Maybe in keeping with the base talent +10 to crit roll equal to ranks in Skulduggery?

Backstab (supreme) to lower weapon's CR rating by 1 when using Backstab? Or would this now be getting out of hand with the 3 levels combined? If you have Skulduggery 5 and find an unaware opponent (the only limiter) you get double damage per success, lower CR by 1, and +50 to any crit rolled.