Rogue Trader for Genesys

By Tkalamov, in Your Settings

РезÑлÑÐ°Ñ Ñ Ð¸Ð·Ð¾Ð±Ñажение за Rogue Trader logo

This is where I will compile all my notes for my upcoming Rogue Trader conversion. It is not a a 'standalone' expansion for Genesys, however.

The base 'game', if you will, is @Tom Cruise 's Dark Heresy conversion (found here ), so that is a must if you are looking to create a character for this (looking at the Home Worlds in particular), find the relevant equipment for your character, psyker and malignancy rules, adversaries, etc.

Here are the links to the PDFs for each completed section so far. Eventually they will be compiled into a larger, more cohesive unit.

Explorer Careers and Skill List

Explorer Origin Path

Rogue Trader Profit Factor and Acquisition system

There is a lot more that can be added - maybe additional talents, skills, and, most importantly, SHIPS and rules for Combat in Space. Those are, pardon the pun, are larger endeavour than what I have jotted down here, so hopefully I will have whipped up something soon-ish.

Do not hesitate to leave suggestions, discuss, criticize, and whatnot. I am unsure of the balance of some of the bits here and there, and I am sure that more can be added to adequately convert Rogue Trader to Genesys, in the name of the God-Emperor, of course!

Below are the links to the original Google Docs files where you can leave comments and suggestions.

Explorer Careers and Skill List

Origin Path

Profit Factor and Acquisition system

Edited by Tkalamov

UPDATE 1: A number of changes have been made to the docs with the careers and Origin path

Careers and skill list

• Modified a few careers kills
  • Added a few new skills to the skill list itself
  • Added fluff text and an image for each career
  • Starting gear added for each career (NOTE: Some items are not found in @Tom Cruise 's Dark Heresy conversion. As of right now, they are not statted up, so you can expect that in the near future)

Origin path

• Added a chart as well as an explanation on how the Origin path system works
  • Added fluff text and descriptions where appropriate
  • Tweaked some of the added benefits and drawbacks to each of the selectable options

So now even those unfamiliar with Rogue Trader or who do not own the original core rulebook can view the documents without any trouble at all.

TO DO

• Format and add descriptions to the Profit Factor document, maybe tweak some of the rules here and there
  • New items to at least cover the careers' starting equipment
  • Notes on the craftsmanship quality rules that are mentioned in the careers doc
  • SHIPS!
Edited by Tkalamov

UPDATE 2: Changes to the Profit Factor document (updated in the main post).

• Added fluff, explanations, and descriptions for what Profit Factor, Power, Acquisitions, and Loss are.
  • Added a table to determine Starting Profit Factor and a table of examples that determine where you are compared to other organizations.
  • Acquisition tests fully described with rules for Genesys.
  • Rules for Negotiating with other organizations when acquiring an item.
  • Upkeep Tests and what they are

TO DO

• New items to at least cover the careers' starting equipment
  • Notes on the craftsmanship quality rules that are mentioned in the careers doc
  • SHIPS!

You can now directly download the PDFs from the main post, just to save you a bit of extra hassle with Google Docs.

Edited by Tkalamov

Not an update to the above documents, but something completely different which presents an entirely different approach to Genesys. Shoutout to @Gallows for his brilliant Cthulhu Mythos hack which is the inspiration for the below monster. It is basically a conversion of the BRP system, but with Genesys's NDS.

Proceed with caution. Ignorance is a blessing.

Rogue Trader alternative rules

Character sheet

Edited by Tkalamov

This is looking excellent. Given I have a rogue trader in my Kingdom hearts campaign, I linked him to your great work.

Sharing this for your benefit, if you ever want to convert anything else.
Weapon Builder.xlsx

Thank you very much! I'll admit, between moving house and finding work, I haven't done much (if any) progress on this, but I will be resuming very soon. Also, thank you for the Excel sheet, I'll try and make good use of it.

Hey there. Is this still a live project? Thx!