New Jabba Campaign

By TheWelcomeMat88, in Legends of the Alliance

Wow just finished my first go through of Jabba's Realm and I can't wait to play through it again already! I won't say any story/plot spoilers but there are definitely decisions you make mid-missions that change how a mission finishes in the 2nd part, and some decisions which will branch you in a different path altogether. There's a certain character who really gets fleshed out, and from what I've heard you will learn more things on future play-thrus if you make different choices. I really enjoyed the first App Campaign, but this one just takes it to a whole new level!

The only thing I will say is that I would make sure to carve out a good 2 hours for each mission, maybe 2-3 hours if you are playing with a group. Just about every mission I experienced so far you will be adding tiles or whole new sections of tiles, so it just takes longer to set things up, and there's a lot more moving parts to keep track of on the map than in the first campaign.

My team was Jarrod, Kotun, Shyla, and Vinto. I had a few pretty neat combos, like for example Shyla had a BD-1 Vibro Ax with a Vibrogenerator, so I wasn't really wasting surges but got to add +2 damage to each attack (it makes you lose 2 surges). That worked awesome with her swords dance and 1 red die so I would usually get another 2-3 damage through. Kotun had a Sporting Blaster and the Bolt Upgrade so 1 attack I could add a red die and a power token to pump out some pretty sick damage..Jarrod had the Force Pike and High-Impact Guard, and in the final mission I drew a turbocharger which let me add surges (i had 3 surges to add damage so that was real nice). Also Jarrod is so freaking fun, I love Scouts Loadout in the app (since deployments keep happening all the time mid-mission), my Jarrod also had a Combat Knife and a R5 Astromech- that astromech was a real MVP because I kept getting crates and money without having to waste precious actions, and most of the items were decent, in 1 mission in particular a shock grenade literally won me the mission. I found Shyla is still good but not as powerful in the app because the App figures usually get boosted movement so moving them around doesn't do as much...except on 1 or 2 mission where you can do some pretty nasty things with it...I love handing out stuff with Kotun, but I did find that her abilities feel sort of cluttered as you go on. I think I need to give her a shot in skirmish now, handing out tokens for free is just so gratifying. Vinto was actually my least favorite, he was okay, he is nice to finish stuff off...Battlefield Experience and Rapid Fire were pretty key with the opportunity to give him rerolls (especially before I got the Disruptor Pistol).

I'm running through Jabba's at the moment with Drokkatta, Shyla, Vinto and Ko-Tun.

Pretty much my experience is similar to yours.

Having seen the brutal effectiveness of Drokkatta, Vinto and Ko-Tun in a Play By Forum, I felt adding Shyla over Jarrod gave me a little more mobility...

That said, I'm missing J4X. That little murderbot really does get good.

I have played the Jabba campaign with:

1. Jyn, Vinto, Jarrod, Drokkatta
2. Ko-Tun, Loku, Onar, Verena
3. Diala, Fenn, Saska, Shyla
4. Gaarkhan, Mak, Biv, Murne

All in Hard, all great experiences with their own challenges. (In the last one I didn't get that good weapons or modifications.)

Sounds great, ppls! And, @a1bert , you're a fast boy, ain't you! :D You've played it 4 times already?

As for the story -- without spoiling too much -- is the app story & moral choices variations on what we had in the original Jabba's Realm , or have they come up with brand new hard choices? (I'm good with both :) )

And finally, some feedback on my team please? My gf and I will try the app soon, playing Biv, Gideon, Shyla, & Vinto. Will those guys make a good team for Jabba's Realm , you think?

Edited by angelman2

I would say there are no clearly "morally superior" options to the choices required. You choose according to who you are, what you have learned during the campaign, what the choice is, and what the situation is.

I have not played with Gideon, but my experience is that any group can be used (even with Hard), because the difficulty adjusts according to Fame in more ways than just the costs of imperial/mercenary group. And Gideon isn't "broken" in the app because he only gets Masterstroke for the finale.

I think the only thing you need to keep in mind is that Biv and Shyla are both "melee", which provides its own challenges.

I played two missions on some days, but Jabba's Realm campaign being addictive isn't why I have "already" played it 4 times. ;)

3 hours ago, angelman2 said:

Sounds great, ppls! And, @a1bert , you're a fast boy, ain't you! :D You've played it 4 times already?

As for the story -- without spoiling too much -- is the app story & moral choices variations on what we had in the original Jabba's Realm , or have they come up with brand new hard choices? (I'm good with both :) )

And finally, some feedback on my team please? My gf and I will try the app soon, playing Biv, Gideon, Shyla, & Vinto. Will those guys make a good team for Jabba's Realm , you think?

There's definitely some moments where you make moral choices, but it's mostly choices like between different shades of grey. I'm not sure about Biv in the app in the normal campaign I found him lackluster but you do you....Shyla is a always a good choice. Vinto is good but he's just not my favorite to play- in general I find white die characters in this app campaign less forgiving (I had to face weequays, HKs, gamorreans multiple times), and especially in this campaign there aren't many pierce surges flying around so i tended to survive longer with my other folks w/o getting wounded.