Intro Deck Release Date

By AeroEng42, in General Discussion

My apologies if this is available somewhere and I just haven't been able to find it, but does anyone know when the Intro Decks are supposed to be released? I only recently started watching the series and am ecoming hooked, and as a card game enthusiast, I am considering trying this game. However I don't have the resources to just start buying a ton of expansions and packs, especially when I am only interested in playing a few houses. The Intro Decks seem like the perfect entry point into the game.

On a related note, is it worth getting into the game? I saw a post on these forums and heard some talk on the White Book that game might be in a really unbalanced state with a good number of problem cards. Is that accurate? Is the community still going strong? Thanks in advance!

I don't know if there's an official release date (FFG are usually pretty bad about it), but it should be reasonably soon. I'd expect them probably in the next few weeks.

It's worth getting in to the game, assuming you have people you can play with. I wouldn't worry *too* much about inbalance. People will always complain about what's good, and people may not like the current state of the game for one reason or another. But with the constant release of packs the game is always changing, and if anything gets too overpowered FFG restricts cards (essentially, preventing you from playing certain cards together, so that you have to make choices between which cards to play). This also shouldn't be a huge issue unless you're playing at a competitive level.

Thanks, @Abyss ! Next time I stop by my FLGS I will try to find out how big our local group is. I noticed there is an OCTGN mod. Is there a strong online community for this game that uses that mod?

1 hour ago, AeroEng42 said:

Thanks, @Abyss ! Next time I stop by my FLGS I will try to find out how big our local group is. I noticed there is an OCTGN mod. Is there a strong online community for this game that uses that mod?

Not anymore. Everyone has migrated to Iron Throne. I won't link it here on FFG's official forums, but run a Google search for it on the Internet and you'll find it.

Thanks for the tip!

I enjoy this game mostly in multiplayer mode, where deck balance is not so big problem...