Printer Friendly?

By WildKnight, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

Any idea if there are, or if we'll ever get, printer friendly versions of the extra characters for the Beginner Game? I almost certainly will have more than 4 people wanting to play, and while beautiful, the current versions of the extra characters would be pretty costly to print.

I'd second that,

It'd be useful to have pdfs of the basic four characters as well - so I can introduce multiple groups to the game...

I'm hopefully going to try to create a sheet for folks to record changing stats before Sunday, so we won't have to write on the folic.

3 hours ago, gareth_lazelle said:

I'd second that,

It'd be useful to have pdfs of the basic four characters as well - so I can introduce multiple groups to the game...

For this, I simply don't allow players to write on the sheet. I make them use scratch paper. I've run all of the SW beginner boxes multiple times, and its never been a problem.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:11 AM, gareth_lazelle said:

I'd second that,

On 8/16/2018 at 4:05 AM, WildKnight said:

For this, I simply don't allow players to write on the sheet. I make them use scratch paper. I've run all of the SW beginner boxes multiple times, and its never been a problem.

Either of these approaches work for me.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:05 AM, WildKnight said:

Put them in page protectors and write on them with dry erase markers.

@HappyDaze Ooh great! Gotta cut the pages apart, but that's no problem. Sounds like a great solution.

10 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Put them in page protectors and write on them with dry erase markers.

My experience with dry erase on page protectors has never been good. The marker doesn't seem to come off nearly as well as it should.

The three character folios available online are editable in Adobe Acrobat Pro (I don't know about regular Acrobat). Give that a try. I used two of them to make character sheets for two players who had custom characters. One was a Yasuki emmisary/merchant so I used the Crab bushi folio, removed the character picture, changed all the stats around, modified the introductory text, and added a picture of Yasuki Tadaka. The other character was an Isawa elementalist, but not the one included in the game. I used the Scorpion courtier folio since the colors were close enough, but I removed the character picture and all the Scorpion stuff.

On 8/19/2018 at 9:04 AM, WildKnight said:

My experience with dry erase on page protectors has never been good. The marker doesn't seem to come off nearly as well as it should.

Use overhead pens, instead.

Staedtler's grey shaft markers are water-soluble for many months. Their black shaft are alcohol soluble on page protector, and erasable for over a season long. (Black shaft needs rubbing alcohol or beer or wine to erase. Hard liquor will work, too.)

Vis-a-vis pens are water-soluble, as well. Disadvantage: if they go through a couple freeze-thaws, they smell like sweaty sneakers.

Edited by AK_Aramis