Need advice against Dragon.

By Frogflakes, in L5R LCG: Deck Building

Hey all!
So me and a few friends just started to play L5R lcg, we all picked up a starter set and have been playing with it against one-another to get a feel for it.
I win some I lose some, but I allways fail against my friends dragon. I just don't find a way to take out those 6/8 dudes whith 3 fae on them, or a duelist with the way of the dragon on them and a few attachments.
Do you guys have any tips for a new player to deal with those cards?

I've been playing mostly Lion and Crab so far.

Your options are super limited out of a single core. At best you learn the fundamental concepts.

I can't remember if you can splash other clans out of one core, but if you can grabbing 'Let Go' and 'Mirumoto's Fury' is a good way to deal with Dragon shenanigans. But even with two cycles under our belt, Dragon is top tier and their splash is never not good. Adding 'Miya Mystic' is another way to make them drop attachments.

It's a tough match any way you slice it.

If you're both playing from a single core (and it sounds like you are now that I reread your post) that means "Miya Mystic' is really your only attachment removal option as your opponent probably (and should) has 'Let Go' and 'Mirumoto's Fury'.

Dude, if it's not fun tell them. One box is a learning experience. If that's all you have you guys should be trying all of the clans; not one dude monopolizing a beat stick.

Dragon happens to be super strong in the single core set environment, so they're always a rough matchup. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of kill cards to deal with a big tower character. You have Noble Sacrifice and I Can Swim, and that's about it.

After playing some you'll learn how to play around them a bit, but aside from using Miya Mystic for attachment hate all you can really do is try to dishonor the tower so they're less effective.