Scorpion Shinobi - Keeper of Earth

By Soshi Saibankan, in L5R LCG: Deck Building

Hi All !

I know it's too early for it to be really competitive, but I still wanted to start to draft outlines for the deck. Pass Early, Bid High as long as you can, Fire-Void-Water Rings. Keep any one-drop, Shadowshaper and Miyako, HMD, mulligan the rest. The idea is to aggressively gain control of the board with shinobi jumping back and forth (SS, FG, SM, AS). I built a wobbly one to get a starting point:

https://fiveringsdb.com/decks/407e8932-9b54-11e8-9429-8e1ccf16fca4/view

Issues:

- Province Row: What would be your Earth and Water Provinces for a Shinobi Conquest deck?

- Conflict Deck: It's very conflicted. More buffs or burns? When there will be more Dynasty Shinobi, what will replace Forged Edict? Charge maybe? Should I bring back For Shame! Even if I don't run a lot of Courtiers?

- Splash Options: i'd like to know what you think about options. Any clan with one-drops can be good options.

1. Crab: Skirmisher is really good, but I don't think StD would be wise. Maybe there's a case for Pragmatism, Reprieve and Raise the Alarm as well.

2. Lion: Seems solid for aggro. Lots of buffs and counters, with added tempo cards: Legion of One, Ready for Battle, Heroic Resolve, even Crone or Reservist (since we are aiming for Fire / Water rings). with Legion you might cut Banzai to reduce Honor loss.

3. Dragon: Hawk Tattoo / Let Go is a beast, but I could see running TW or IW as well. Probably the most consistent of splash options, but the least in brute force.

4. Crane: Shinobi + Admit Defeat is strong, with Noble Sacrifice as icing.

What do you guys think?