What if Rebels had Temporary Alliance

By TheWelcomeMat88, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

How would this shake things up? Imagine Greedo and Weequays fighting alongside Han...fair or busted?

Would this offset the "Doubt hate"?

it always made more sense to me that the Rebels and Empire should be able to supplement their ranks by spending the TA point to sign up mercs.

Rebels are pretty scummy as is. Luke , Han, and Leia are all ruthless murderers. Obiwan is a pathological liar. Lando is a cheat. Chewbacca eats endangered Porg without remorse. I could go on and on

4 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Rebels are pretty scummy as is. Luke , Han, and Leia are all ruthless murderers. Obiwan is a pathological liar. Lando is a cheat. Chewbacca eats endangered Porg without remorse. I could go on and on

You must be kidding - otherwise this would be a rather twisted view, and you'd need some education regarding the meaning of words like 'ruthless', 'murder' and 'murderer', 'pathological' and so on. You know, words do have meanings and definitions, so they can be used the wrong way or misused. :D

I think that it is fine with rebel’s being alone. I think that having scum in rebles would be way too over powered. Even jaba with on a diplo would be too good.

From a thematic standpoint I agree it makes sense, but my big concern is that things would get too same-y between the two factions. With standard temp alliance and the Jawa we're already at a point where we're seeing "Scum" lists with more rebel deployments than scum. If you could mix and match the other way, too, there would be almost no difference between the factions save for the 1 pt upgrades.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a way to get at least Hondo into a Rebel list.

There is a way...

If Saska cost 4 I would take her as a spy smuggler and with that ability.

It might be fair if Saska cost 3 points and let Rebels bring any 3 Hunters into a list...

Then you could have Rebel lists and Merc lists that are exactly the same, and the only difference would be whether you have Jawa or Saska.

Edited by Tvboy