Jabba's Realm now live!

By allenkwest, in Legends of the Alliance

As it says in the title... now to make the time to play.

3 hours ago, allenkwest said:

As it says in the title... now to make the time to play.

Now I need to actually go buy Jabba's Realm.

Looked at the first misson and the between mission stuff after the first mission earlier today. It has more flavor than the tabletop campaign. But the first mission of the tabletop campaign feels a bit more epic.

Per the steam release.

• New campaign added: Jabba's Realm!
• New Hall of Legends tracks your most famous squads.
• Armory now provides a better range of options.
• Repriced some weapons and mods.
• Added in-app replacement skills for:
• Smuggler's Luck - Jyn Odan
• Company of Heroes - Murne Rin
• Added mission-appropriate background audio.
• Removed 'Professional' ability from regular Riot Troopers.
• Updated product URLs in the Collection Manager.
• Various bugs fixed.

2 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

• Added in-a  pp replacement skills for:
• Smuggler's  Luc  k - Jyn Odan
• Company of Heroes  - M  ur   ne R   in           

Ooh... that’s exciting. Anyone had a chance to look at these yet? I won’t be home to see for myself for another 6 hours or so, ? .

13 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Ooh... that’s exciting. Anyone had a chance to look at these yet? I won’t be home to see for myself for another 6 hours or so, ? .

Smuggler's Luck:
"This class card retains its two exhaust abilities. Having this class card will display an additional item in the armory."

Company of Heroes:
"At the start of each mission, choose 1 hero and 1 ally to become Focused. At the start of a random round, choose 1 Rebel to become Focused."

Edited by Nike Laos
22 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Smuggler's Luck now adds an additional item to the armory in addition to it's other effects.

Company of Heroes now gives a hero and an ally a Focus at the start of the first round, and gives a Rebel figure a focus at the start of a random round midway through the mission.

Glad they finally implemented a hall of fame, I still had my second campaign team saved right at the point before beating the final mission so now I went in there and launched the shuttle and can now free up that save slot.

Edited by Tvboy

Did anything get changed with the environments, or can we expect to see a Wampa in the Sarlacc Pit at some point?

Just want to say that Wampas have collectible value. ;)

1 hour ago, keschnell4 said:

Did anything get changed with the environments, or can we expect to see a Wampa in the Sarlacc Pit at some point?

Seems they have tightened up their randomized deployments significantly.

Edited by Tvboy
1 hour ago, Tvboy said:

Seems they have tightened up their randomized deployments significantly.

Both campaigns or only Jabba?

19 minutes ago, algi15 said:

Both campaigns or only Jabba?

No clue about the original campaign. I've played through the first 2 missions of the Jabba campaign so far. Most egregious thing I've seen so far is a Tusken group at the end of a mission taking place on Ylesia as part of a Black Sun army. Other than that there hasn't been any environment violations. And the random named villain cameos have felt a lot better so far, no Jabba appearing in the middle of a Yavin IV battlefield or Palpatine appearing in an obscure ship hangar. When the little roulette animation happens, I can see it only cycling between 3 or 4 different options, so I'm guessing they put a lot tighter restrictions on which units can come out during each different deployment that happens.

Edited by Tvboy

Anyone played through a mission? Does it seem they did anything to fix the random spawn selections? IE no Wampa's on forest tiles?

I think that if the app needs a creature, you will get a creature. If you don't want to see Wampas at all, exclude RtH.

2 hours ago, a1bert said:

I think that if the app needs a creature, you will get a creature. If you don't want to see Wampas at all, exclude RtH.

*sigh, sadly, I just got my first Tatooine Wampa. Excluding RtH means excluding all of those heroes, item cards, supply cards, etc.

Yeah, excluding a whole expansion is not the solution anyone wants to see. If they can't figure this out with environment tags, they should just add a 're-spin' button for when people get a choice that makes no sense thematically. Sure, people could abuse it if they don't like the unit selected, but this is for a campaign and not a competitive skirmish, so I don't see the big deal in that.

6 hours ago, Tvboy said:

*sigh, sadly, I just got my first Tatooine Wampa. Excluding RtH means excluding all of those heroes, item cards, supply cards, etc.

Paint it sandy.

The random generator needs som babysitting.

During the first campaign my heroes entered an imperial hangar only to find the following enemies there:

1. Rancor

2. Nexu

3. Tusken Raiders

4. Imperial Officer

So to be fair, the Wampa only appeared in missions where it was part of Jabba's forces, and Jabba did obviously like to collect dangerous creatures. We all think of the Rancor as being a natural fixture in Jabba's Palace because that's the first place most of us saw one, but the Rancor's actually just as out of its element on Tatooine as the Wampa is.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:11 AM, keschnell4 said:

Yeah, excluding a whole expansion is not the solution anyone wants to see. If they can't figure this out with environment tags, they should just add a 're-spin' button for when people get a choice that makes no sense thematically. Sure, people could abuse it if they don't like the unit selected, but this is for a campaign and not a competitive skirmish, so I don't see the big deal in that.

People could abuse it, but then again, there's already a lot people could abuse about the app if they felt like it. The app doesn't really verify whether you actually defeated an enemy or not before marking him defeated. The app doesn't track die rolls, so there's nothing stopping you from re-rolling until you get a result you like. The app's intent isn't to keep players honest; it's to remove the necessity of an Imperial player. I don't see why there would be any problem if they let players re-shuffle some of the random spawns.

Edited by JJ48

Version 1.4 is apparently available now

3 missions into this campaign and it is pretty fun. The flavor text is well done between missions, feels thematic. The reveal components of the one map we played was awesome as well, I love not knowing what the map is going to look like.

I have found it to be a little bit to easy though, maybe that is because we have had allies with us but out of the three missions there was only one where it was a bit of a nail biter, and even then..

We are a very experienced group, we've played through probably 7 or 8 campaigns of all the various core + expansions, as well as a few of us play a lot of Skirmish. So I guess that is probably the problem.

Anyone have some good suggestions on how to make it harder on yourself?

On 8/18/2018 at 10:47 PM, FrogTrigger said:

This thread? :)

On 8/18/2018 at 11:47 PM, FrogTrigger said:

Using random heroes instead of choosing the best ones, playing in Hard, not using any medpacs, having all expansions available. That should pretty much cover it.