Non-Adventure Cards Count as Adventure Cards?

By Zombieboy23, in Talisman

On page seven, in the second paragraph under "Adventure Cards," the rules say, "If there are any Adventure Cards in a space a character lands in, his player draws only enough new cards to take the total to the number indicated on the space."

On page nine, at the start of column two, the rules state, "If there are already any cards of any type on the space..."

Do non-Adventure Cards count towards the "Draw" count on the space?

To my knowledge, if they are any cards on the space, you do not need to draw a card, provided there is enough cards to cover the amount in the draw.

SubElement said:

To my knowledge, if they are any cards on the space, you do not need to draw a card, provided there is enough cards to cover the amount in the draw.

I agree,

MattyHelms said:

Do non-Adventure Cards count towards the "Draw" count on the space?

Any Cards? Where is that rule listed? The only one I've seen applies specifically to Adventure cards as mentioned by name in the rule. If another character drops Purchase cards on a space, someone else cannot pick such up until the space is encountered according to any Adventure cards (or not) on the space. But non-Adventure cards have never before been counted against drawing such when the space says to do so and the number of Adv. indicated is/are not on the space.

Page 9 (of the downloadable rulebook):

If there are already any cards of any type on the space (such as
Adventure, Purchase, or Spell Cards), then only enough cards
to make up the given number may be drawn.

Encountering a Space – Draw Cards Spaces

Characters must always follow the instructions on the space where they land if their player chooses to encounter the space instead of encountering another character. If a space instructs a player to draw cards, the cards to be drawn are always Adventure Cards, drawn from the top of the Adventure deck. If there are already any cards of any type on the space (such as Adventure, Purchase, or Spell Cards), then only enough cards to make up the given number may be drawn.

This is taken directly from page 9 of the revised rule book.

talismanamsilat said:

Characters must always follow the instructions on the space where they land if their player chooses to encounter the space instead of encountering another character. If a space instructs a player to draw cards, the cards to be drawn are always Adventure Cards, drawn from the top of the Adventure deck. If there are already any cards of any type on the space (such as Adventure, Purchase, or Spell Cards), then only enough cards to make up the given number may be drawn.

Yes, but if you look at page 7 of the revised rule book, it specifically says "Adventure Cards" - I have both quotes in the first post for comparison.

Please take my word for it!!! All cards count towards a space.

talismanamsilat said:

Please take my word for it!!! All cards count towards a space.

Oh, I do ;)

Sorry if I came off as questioning, I was more pointing out the inconsistency in the rule book.

Thanks!

Matt

MattyHelms said:

talismanamsilat said:

Yes, but if you look at page 7 of the revised rule book, it specifically says "Adventure Cards" - I have both quotes in the first post for comparison.

And you're right... the revised rule from FFG overrides any botched rule from the standard edition. Adventure cards are what matters (the way it was before the standard edition) and it seems this notion of "any" card has been corrected. Yes?

Yes my friend this is very true.

Thanks for the clarification. Dealing with broken BI rules versus revised FFG rules (sans actually seeing them) is frustrating at times. (Time to sacrifice a goat and speed up my upgrade's arrival).

Can someone post a link where to download any available version of the FFG rules? TIA.