sleaving and storage

By TylerTT, in KeyForge

Will folks be sleeving these decks?

If you sleeve will you get new deck boxes? as they won't fit the tuck boxes anymore.

If you get deck boxes how will you organize them?

Will the deck boxes feel too large and wasteful? they are almost all designed for 60 count card games.

WHAT WILL WE DO TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?

I love to bling out my games. So Dragon shield Matt clear sleeves for my decks. Stored in an Ultimate Guard Hive. With a playmat for fun.

The hive takes the 80 or 100 count card boxes with heat sensitive outer skin so I may add a few here and there as I’ll need one to store the team covenant tokens.

Once I get all that full I’ll start to drop the decks I am not playing and give the to friends to try.

im thinking I will likely sleeve a few favorite decks or decks with lots of maverick cards.

I will likely store them in one long box and use a labled deck wrap to keep things organized

I won't sleeve the starters. I will sleeve one (or two, if I'm providing both) at a time. If a deck proves particularly fun, there is no way to get a second copy...

I would sleeve the decks I'm likely to play at meet ups. They will go with my commander deck, my crane deck and my Yomi decks in my Archive flip case. x) Always be ready !

I'm sleeving mine, ultra pro clear ones, they are about a 100 for a buck at my lgs.

It'll probably be similar to SW: Destiny for me -- I keep 4-5 active (or sometimes mostly active, in Destiny's case) decks sleeved that I swap between depending on my mood and the event. Usually I carry two, maybe three to a league night and make the call between fun nonsense and more serious stuff depending on the crowd.

I've already sleeved up the KeyForge deck I brought home from GenCon in clear plastic after one very careful play naked -- the backs are pretty, and have the deck name on them. I'll swap to Eclipse UltraPros if the OP policies dictate opaques and I do any OP. But for now, I'm sleeving for the deck's protection, not because I expect my opponent to wonder whether I've marked the cards. As Duciris says, the deck is irreplaceable if I like it (and so far, I do). So I'll probably hold onto half a dozen or so decks, selling/trading off ones that don't really suit my style or as I grow bored with them. I'm hoping we see interesting play formats that encourage me to keep different types of deck; I'd love to keep a really complex deck for a play & trade format or a play-my-jank format, for instance. I'm interested to see how much the unique preconstructed format precludes the evolution of a meta -- it's a question that's never been addressed in a sealed-style format before because you didn't have any choices about what you brought, nor did your opponents. But in a Unique Deck game, certain playstyles and cards can gain popularity and be the deck out of a player's array they want to bring, and if you have an array of decks in your own toolkit, you can decide which out of your arsenal to bring to thrive in the meta you expect...

As for deck boxes, I got a boring 60 card plastic box at GenCon since I sleeved it there (clear UltraPro Pro-Mattes, fwiw), and I'll probably use the extra space in the standard box options for tokens once the starter set comes out to replace the dice I've currently thrown in there as counters.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:21 PM, TylerTT said:

Will folks be sleeving these decks?

If you sleeve will you get new deck boxes? as they won't fit the tuck boxes anymore.

If you get deck boxes how will you organize them?

Will the deck boxes feel too large and wasteful? they are almost all designed for 60 count card games.

WHAT WILL WE DO TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?

Just make your own tuck boxes to fit a sleeved deck. Could use cereal box cardboard with the brown inside facing out and label each box with the decks Archon name and Houses on it.

Or, if you took certain cuts of certain boxes, you could glue them together with the coloured sides facing out and have some unique, colorful designs.

Cheap and easy way to store your decks.

Long box with dividers - makes sense since decks need to stay clumped together and 'grabbable'

I'll probably only have one deck sleeved at a time though. Or two. Dragonshield Clear Mattes.