Thoughts about the gameplay videos?

By Ooipooi, in KeyForge

There are already a few demo and gameplay videos out there. Have you seen them, and what do you think about the game now?

To me, the gameplay appeared like a blend of White Wizard's Star/Hero Realms and Epic card games, and any LCG that is played with Core-Set-Introduction-Decks only. I love it! :)

Thanks for info. Im going to watch :)

21 minutes ago, Ooipooi said:

There are already a few demo and gameplay videos out there. Have you seen them, and what do you think about the game now?

To me, the gameplay appeared like a blend of White Wizard's Star/Hero Realms and Epic card games, and any LCG that is played with Core-Set-Introduction-Decks only. I love it! :)

What makes you think of Star Realms?

2 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

What makes you think of Star Realms?

While you don't discard/play all cards each turn, it looks like it's pretty common to play/discard a lot of cards, you always draw up to your hand limit, and when your deck is empty you re-shuffle your discard pile.

Not exactly like Realms, but it does have a related vibe, I think.

Ah! Ok. I get that. The “draw to you hand size” reminds me of any number of board/card games (especially the draw at the end of your turn, which seems like a hallmark of Knizia) but I immediately thought of Star Wars LCG (R.I.P).