The game is super interesting. I would love to see more Themes attached to it.

By TylerTT, in KeyForge

The current theme looks like fun. I would love to see sets based on other settings FFG owns. An android set, runewars, FFG has lots of cool characters that do not currently have card games.

I hope this glorified real life lootbox business model is not here to replace the LCG model. Please leave our beloved franchises out of this

Just now, Hellvlad said:

I hope this glorified real life lootbox business model is not here to replace the LCG model. Please leave our beloved franchises out of this

You mean every collectible game involving random booster packs?

Lol. If you don’t like something “hellvlad” leave it alone for others to enjoy.

This one is a step above. If in a booster pack you have 1 good card and the rest crap, you till can do something with this card. Here you are just out of luck. But don't get me wrong , I don't support the CCG model either

1 minute ago, TylerTT said:

Lol. If you don’t like something “hellvlad” leave it alone for others to enjoy.

Do I prevent you to enjoy it? You ask for more licensees to follow that model. As a customer I express my concern and the opposite opinion.

Good for you. Why is that relivent in this thread?

What exactly are you doing here?

1 minute ago, Hellvlad said:

This one is a step above. If in a booster pack you have 1 good card and the rest crap, you till can do something with this card. Here you are just out of luck. But don't get me wrong , I don't support the CCG model either

Oh cmon you know that is not true. There are so many garbage rares in Pokemon, Magic or Yugioh. And even the higher rarities are not guaranteed to be anything worth playing. Most rares are worth less than good uncommons in Magic for example.

1 minute ago, Reaver027 said:

Oh cmon you know that is not true. There are so many garbage rares in Pokemon, Magic or Yugioh. And even the higher rarities are not guaranteed to be anything worth playing. Most rares are worth less than good uncommons in Magic for example.

Let me rephrase:

IF you get ANYTHING worth your purchase in a booster pack ( and it's not a guarantee) you can still do something with it, even if the rest is garbage. Here if you get some interesting cards into a deck and the rest works poorly, you have just wasted 10 bucks for nothing.

Again I don't support the CCG model, but this is a step worse for me.

Ok we get it. Now stop raining down on everyone's positivity. They aren't ending LCGs for this. It is possible to have more than one game. They habe both X wing and Armada because they are different games. This isn't made to be another LCG, It is meant to be new and different.

If you don't like it, don't play. No one is forcing you to. Neither is anyone forcing you to post here. You don't contribute other than saying it sucks.

44 minutes ago, Radix2309 said:

Ok we get it. Now stop raining down on everyone's positivity. They aren't ending LCGs for this. It is possible to have more than one game. They habe both X wing and Armada because they are different games. This isn't made to be another LCG, It is meant to be new and different.

If you don't like it, don't play. No one is forcing you to. Neither is anyone forcing you to post here. You don't contribute other than saying it sucks.

To me it feel a little as FFGs answer to sealed/limited. Bacause none of their games actually are able to fully support such a gameplay. They always ave to find a convoluted way to enable drafts for their LCGs and even Destiny. This game by design is a lot like sealed deck from Magic.

4 minutes ago, Reaver027 said:

To me it feel a little as FFGs answer to sealed/limited. Bacause none of their games actually are able to fully support such a gameplay. They always ave to find a convoluted way to enable drafts for their LCGs and even Destiny. This game by design is a lot like sealed deck from Magic.

It's like sealed, but you can actually use the deck after and not get destroyed.

4 hours ago, Hellvlad said:

Welllllllllll I did predict this back when Destiny came out.

It's become clear and obvious that FFG wants to kill off the competitive LCG model for good (they'll still do co-op stuff though probably, like Arkham).

Edited by Supertoe
12 minutes ago, Supertoe said:

Welllllllllll I did predict this back when Destiny came out.

It's become clear and obvious that FFG wants to kill off the competitive LCG model for good (they'll still do co-op stuff though probably, like Arkham).

Or they just want to try out alternative models that appeal to different people. It makes sense to consolidate the LCG line under a 2 or 3 competitive games. There is only so much market for them.

The competitive LCG model has been noticeably problematic for them as far as longevity is concerned. They all seem to break down after a while due to natural attrition and have trouble attracting new players after being established. Netrunner seemed like it was on an up swing though surprisingly before it was cancelled. So it is possible for a competitive LCG to regain it's momentum. Though it does feel like you are fighting against the format at that point.

I think it's a good idea for them to experiment with other formats with competitive card games rather than be locked into the LCG format. A financial investment of $10 USD for a competitive game is going to be way more attractive for the casually interested than the several $100 USD investment you'll need to get into an established competitive LCG (Even if you do cherry pick your purchases). Hopefully those starter AGOT decks make an impact. I'd like to see them to that sort of product for all their competitive LCGs to give people an easy entry point. The AGOT and L5R core sets are just real poor introductory products. You can't even make a tournament legal L5R deck with one core set. that's not a great thing to explain to a new player. That game needed a starter deck product even more than AGOT did IMO.