Questions about how the app works

By Thorvindr2, in Legends of the Alliance

I've started a campaign and played two or three missions. Then I added Heart of the Empire to my collection. Will content from that box show-up in my currently-running campaign or only if I start a new one?

I remember hearing that you would. You can add packs, but can't remove packs during a campaign or will get an error when trying to load a game.

I started a campaign with only the base set. Today, I bought Jabba's Realm, and continued a mission I had started last night. The first random encounter the game pulled for me was from the newly added expansion. Similarly, some of the rewards and armory options were from the expansion.

So yes, when it pulls something randomly, the app seems to pull from all products owned at the time rather than only from products owned when the campaign started.

Awesome! Thanks, JJ48.

I have my own question about the app. What information is carried over from the enemy cards? I know the Surge effects are replaced by the app, but what about other information? For instance, do Elite Weequay Pirates still get +2 Accuracy, and do Elite Jet Troopers still have their Fly-by ability? Or is all of that supposed to be handled in the app?

Surge abilities are not exactly replaced, but Surge Priority gives an order you apply them (you skip if the surge would not change the result, but you start over from the top if you have unspent surges).

Mandatory abilities are by default still in effect. Abilities with "may" or "choose" are removed (as specified in the app rules), and some others that have custom versions in the app. See the Info window of the group to see which abilities have been removed.

Fly-By is an activation bonus now as far as I remember.

Edited by a1bert
5 hours ago, a1bert said:

Surge abilities are not exactly replaced, but Surge Priority gives an order you apply them (you skip if the surge would not change the result, but you start over from the top if you have unspent surges).

But the same surge ability cannot be used twice in this way correct?

So if a unit has rolled 2 surges, and has a surge priority for +2 Accuracy, then +2 Damage.

The accuracy isn't needed, so I apply the +2 Damage. Then go from the top again, still don't need the accuracy but the Damage has already been applied so I cannot use that again.

Correct?

6 hours ago, JJ48 said:

I have my own question about the app. What information is carried over from the enemy cards? I know the Surge effects are replaced by the app, but what about other information? For instance, do Elite Weequay Pirates still get +2 Accuracy, and do Elite Jet Troopers still have their Fly-by ability? Or is all of that supposed to be handled in the app?

The app will tell you if you need to do something other than play the figure exactly as described on the deployment card. If the app doesn't say "ignore the Fly-by ability," don't ignore it.

8 hours ago, Majushi said:

But the same surge ability cannot be used twice in this way correct?

Correct. No rule change there, all abilities can only be used once per opportunity.

Surge Priority may have Bleed before +1dmg. If there currently are enough blocks, Bleed would not do anything, so you skip it, then spend a surge for +1dmg. Now, go back and this time Bleed does something, so spend the surge on Bleed.