this is a cheater's dream

By Supertoe, in KeyForge

1 hour ago, Bolfry said:

I actually overheard players talking about using a deck they had in their car at the release event...

"We could go out and switch with the decks we know, they'd never know. It's not like they scanned the decks to know who has which deck."

and THAT is just one reason of exactly WHY we need the app to work properly and fully

It is one of those things where your FLGS will operate in good faith and never conduct deck checks until someone is found to be cheating, then they will check them every time after that.

(a small tangent) I still remember watching the Warhammer 40k Conquest World Championships, being amazed at how the winner played the game just right and was lucky to draw the right cards at the right time. Then I read the first comment on the video: "Why is he drawing extra cards every time?" I went back and sure enough I had missed it.

It also reminds me of my local scene in X-Wing where everything was laid back and casual until some players traveled to Boston for a big event (I want to say it was a regional but not sure). After they came back we laid our opponent's damage deck every tournament before the first round and counted everything out.

So I do think there will be issues but I think there are currently tools present that should prevent most of the cheating that can be done outside of a game. I'd like to think you won't have to worry about it at lower tier events, but I guess it depends what the prizes are and how many people are showing up. Each store will have to address it individually as it comes up.

I have to disagree with the premise that Keyforge lends itself to forging more than any other card game in existence, ever.

2 hours ago, msieder said:

I have to disagree with the premise that Keyforge lends itself to forging more than any other card game in existence, ever.

I have to disagree with you because I'm pretty sure you are seeing forging 3-5 times every time you play the game. :P

14 minutes ago, TheSpitfired said:

I have to disagree with you because I'm pretty sure you are seeing forging 3-5 times every time you play the game. :P

well played sir

As some have said, I also don't think this game is more open to forgery than any other.

Now what I don't like is that the decklist card is the first card and visible before opening the plastic foil. Specially I dislike that this was brought to our attention months ago, but the newer language versions that started only a couple of weeks ago have the same problem!

23 hours ago, GralQ said:

As some have said, I also don't think this game is more open to forgery than any other.

Now what I don't like is that the decklist card is the first card and visible before opening the plastic foil. Specially I dislike that this was brought to our attention months ago, but the newer language versions that started only a couple of weeks ago have the same problem!

I like it. I've bought several decks at once a few times now. I'll usually try all of them at least a few times on the Crucible and the ones that don't jive with me I will trade away. Trading decks in their original seal is a lot better than opened decks.

Maybe the motivation in buying a deck shouldn't include wanting to maintain some value should you decide to sell it?