Lost or Damaged Cards

By Residualshade, in KeyForge

So any recourse for if a card gets lost or damaged? is the entire deck just bricked at that point? would probably make me quit the game if i lost i deck i like to this.

Good point.

For casual you could use opaque sleeves and proxies aslong as you told your oponent in advance. But for tournaments... Yeah that would be 10 bucks down the drain.

Edited by Robin Graves

Your identity card apparently comes with your decklist on it. In theory you could just replace the card with one from another deck and use opaque sleeves and the deck would be functionally the same. Not sure if Organized Play would allow this, but it should work in casual settings just fine.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, bravosquid said:

Your identity card apparently comes with your decklist on it. In theory you could just replace the card with one from another deck and use opaque sleeves and the deck would be functionally the same. Not sure if Organized Play would allow this, but it should work in casual settings just fine.

Though it would have the 'true' archon on it. The cards deck are printed on both the back and front of it

On 8/3/2018 at 10:26 PM, CEOWolf said:

Though it would have the 'true' archon on it. The cards deck are printed on both the back and front of it

But that's not relevant to game play at all, so it wouldn't really matter.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:36 PM, bravosquid said:

Most organized CCG tournaments would allow any version of a card to be used, provided it's the same card with the same effect (for example, using Alpha lands in a standard MtG tournament). Since the decks come with card lists, I would hope tournament organizers would be lenient with this.

However that raises the question: what if the card that is lost/damaged is your archon card...

At the moment we don't know if there is any requirement to sleeve cards and if there is what types of sleeves will be usable.

Given that the rules for the other games from FFG require that the sleeve hide the backs of the cards comes from the inability to colour match the backs of their Alt-Art cards with the standard factory produced cards we may not have the same issue. In fact they may well require that you play see through protectors so that your opponent can see your card backs, thus enjoy the uniqueness of the decks.

So if you value your decks keep them up out of reach of cats, dogs or little people and put them in a box or binder so that you won't lose anything. If you do your best to not have the deck damaged or lost then you may avoid the whole problem.

I'll just get a new deck...but then I've never lost a card from one of the decks I was playing in 20+ years of playing card games, so I don't really feel this applies to me anyway.

13 hours ago, Palpster said:

I'll just get a new deck...but then I've never lost a card from one of the decks I was playing in 20+ years of playing card games, so I don't really feel this applies to me anyway.

Same here. (Well somebody nicked my Sengir Vampire back in '95, but that's about it.)

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, bravosquid said:

But that's not relevant to game play at all, so it wouldn't really matter.

It is in a tournament. I believe the deck's name is where all the copyright is on the front side of cards

6 hours ago, CEOWolf said:

It is in a tournament. I believe the deck's name is where all the copyright is on the front side of cards

It's highly likely that Organized Play will only allow legal decks consisting of the 36 cards that match their Archon. If you lost a card, tough luck, you'll have to get a new deck in order to play in OP events.

Now if you want to play with your friends, sure, nothing is stopping you from subbing the same card from another deck (well, apart from if your friends would object). You'll have to use fully opaque sleeves though, because cardbacks will be different.

I'm just pointing it out really course anything is allowed in casual.