I'm worried

By Robin Graves, in KeyForge

Do we know how many cards from 3 different factions will be in a deck? Will it be roughly equal (33% per faction) or can we come across decks with 80% of the cards are faction A, 10% are from faction B and 10% are from faction C?

I want to know because: During your turn you pick one faction and you can only play/discard cards of that faction.

So what I'm thinking is: A deck that is predominantly one faction will be more powerfull because it can play more cards in one turn.

Being able to play and draw 5 cards is better than being able to play and draw only 2 cards.

So what do you guys think?

Most likely evenly divided. There are 37 cards: 1 avatar and 36 others. So it will likely be 12 of each faction .

Ah good. I heard a rumor about it being possible to have several (up to 16) cards being the same in some decks.

Yes it was confirmed it was 1 Archon card + 12 cards for each of the 3 houses

I'm no longer worried. ^_^

6 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

Ah good. I heard a rumor about it being possible to have several (up to 16) cards being the same in some decks.

This is “technically” possible because every card can appear as a Maverick—meaning in a different faction. So, you could have a demon card appear as a Maverick and instead be of the Mars faction. So, against all reasonable odds, you could get 16 of the same card in a deck, but that would be...insanely unlikely.

Also, the article implied that playing a lot of cards each turn may not be an optimal strategy.

12 minutes ago, Inksplat said:

This is “technically” possible because every card can appear as a Maverick—meaning in a different faction. So, you could have a demon card appear as a Maverick and instead be of the Mars faction. So, against all reasonable odds, you could get 16 of the same card in a deck, but that would be...insanely unlikely.

But that would be ok, because the mavericked demon would then count as a martian. *

So even if i had 3 demon demons and 2 martian demons I wouldn't be able to play all 5. (Whereas if I had 5 demon cards of the same faction I could)

* LOL Martian demons, DOOM much?

11 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Also, the article implied that playing a lot of cards each turn may not be an optimal strategy.

Maybe, altough discarding a lot to get more card draw to the one card you need is powerfull.