Either I don't get it or this is an awfull mess

By Hellvlad, in KeyForge

I'm completely fine with this game if it's aimed at casuals, i'm a deckbuilder by nature. Thats why i play Netrunner. But i have no opposition to a game that is designed to work out of a sealed tournament / league play like this. In the contrary, i can finally play games with people who don't bother building decks.

If you expect an ultra hardcore game in here you will be maybe disappointed.

7 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

and without a cost on the cards there is no need for resource (land) cards so there's no mana screw.

Plus a flat cost curve. You don't need to balance for costs.

You just make commons at about the same power level, uncommon stronger, and rares strongest of all.

1 hour ago, Radix2309 said:

And Garfield even gave a little blurb in the rule book. It feels very much like he is trying to capture his original vision of magic. He can make strong cards like the power 9 and they don't automatically go in every deck. They become these rare things that people can treasure and trade and collecr.

Yes, I remember him saying that he misses the days of people going "Wait, what's that card? I've never seen that before!" when they're playing MtG.

4 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Yes, I remember him saying that he misses the days of people going "Wait, what's that card? I've never seen that before!" when they're playing MtG.

Keyforge could make that work. Personally I'd have destroyed the internet, but making a unique game works to, I guess...

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I call it the Glorius Month of Magic.

I miss it too.

Just now, RARodger said:

I call it the Glorius Month of Magic.

I miss it too.

Ah yes the good old days. Me trading away a Force of Nature for a booster's worth of cards from The Dark, because I didn't know Circle of protection: Green existed.