Super neat! What are the card counts?

By TylerTT, in KeyForge

What a nutty idea! I love it. my greatest curiosity is how the actual decks are built and composed and what I as a consumer can expect to find in each deck. I hope there will be an update on that soon.

I went over the rules really quick to check out the formats and honestly I’m very surprised there is absolutely no deck customization format.

while I get the idea behind the format and I like it. i think it could use a little tempering. It feels like Each deck will be a disposable thing.

I would encourage some sort of simple but effective smash up style deck building. Like I can have two or three unique decks and shuffle them together to make the deck I play with.

currently I’m hoping each deck has an equal number of faction cards in it and a simple mixed deck format would be to pull a different faction from up to three decks and play with that.

Edited by TylerTT

Oh just noticed the cards for each deck are 37. So I’m assuming 1 ID card and 13 cards from each faction.

37 would be one ID card (archon?) and 12 from three separate factions. And from a few pics they have have a unique back to the deck to identify it.

My question is how they they got unique deck backs and then how they printed that since a lot of printing in games is setting the templates and repeatedly printing/making the same things over and over. I would love an article just on how they manufactured this game and printed it :)

Edited by Masterchiefspiff

I was wondering about that too. How can they ensure that every deck has a unique card back?

This also means we can not use opaque sleeves for organized play events.

I would assume, in tournaments, you either have to use clear sleeves, or at least have a judge review your deck and make sure it's a legal deck. Given there's a companion app, maybe there's this enormous database of every archon and their individual decks, and a judge can quickly cross-check to see if a given card is in an archon's deck list.

Lol basic math fail. My bad. 12 cards per faction. Team covenant stream confirmed that each deck has 12 per faction.

They have been producing this type of hyper unique product for LCG draft packs for quite a while.

Its done with digital printers and a program that generates card distribution. So imagine something like your office laser printer but scaled up to the size of a small room.

I'm more interested in how they'll come up with a bajillion unique archon names for each deck, since that's different from the usual draft pack contents.

Edited by RedMageStatscowski

At the end of the Team Covenant demo Richard Garfield and the head of FFG came up. He discussed that finding g a company willing to do the unique printing that they s required was a challenge.

As for names, they are likely procedureally generated. Large database of terms that fit the theme and a pattern rule for how to put them together.

1 hour ago, TylerTT said:

Lol basic math fail. My bad. 12 cards per faction. Team covenant stream confirmed that each deck has 12 per faction.

They have been producing this type of hyper unique product for LCG draft packs for quite a while.

Its done with digital printers and a program that generates card distribution. So imagine something like your office laser printer but scaled up to the size of a small room.

do you know if there is a place i can rewatch the stream ? or do i have to wait till its on youtube ?

The stream is available on the Team Covenant Facebook page under "videos".

3 hours ago, RedMageStatscowski said:

I'm more interested in how they'll come up with a bajillion unique archon names for each deck, since that's different from the usual draft pack contents.

I hope there's at least 1 archon card out there that sais: Richard Garfield Phd.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor richard garfield binder game

I actually have that card

2 minutes ago, RedMageStatscowski said:

I actually have that card

Met too (altough it's not signed)

Yeah having seen the card backs now - being a print of the archon, it’s name, and the three factions in the deck - on each card for the deck it makes more sense. And then the printers you described makes sense too.

Each deck has a card listing what’s in the deck alongside each card’s rarity - so you don’t have to fill out anything saying what’s in your deck for OP just have your card. And I think that may be open info to your opponent? Haven’t read that far into the rules or faq.