AAA!

By Hepitude, in Runewars Miniatures Game

WE'RE SO CLOSE TO AUGUST 2ND!

Does anyone know if they'll be legal for regionals on the 11th?

10 minutes ago, Jukey said:

Does anyone know if they'll be legal for regionals on the 11th?

I can't remember if it is 11 or 9 days.

Regionals is in the formal tier (page 22 of the text). Per page 11, all relaxed and formal tier events is legal upon the products official release.

6 hours ago, Hepitude said:

WE'RE SO CLOSE TO AUGUST 2ND!

I have a borderline unreasonable amount of Runewars boxes preordered.

Darnati 4 lyfe

Forgive my ignorance but . . what units are releasing? Danarti and Wraiths or is there more?

Also, is this FFG release schedule or a FLGS because FFG rarely. . RARELY stick to their own schedule. Even news articles don't release when they are meant to. :)

58 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Forgive my ignorance but . . what units are releasing? Danarti and Wraiths or is there more?

Also, is this FFG release schedule or a FLGS because FFG rarely. . RARELY stick to their own schedule. Even news articles don't release when they are meant to. :)

Darnati, Wraiths, Scouts, Kethra.

At least around my neck of the woods, the u.s. release on the upcoming page has always been accurate (only when it hits shipping now).

Their street dates for release have hit 100% -- once they have a date :) (In the U.S -- though)

Edited by Glucose98

My only sadness is that I use an online retailer to purchase for the discounts... so I have to wait another week or so.

32 minutes ago, Willange said:

My only sadness is that I use an online retailer to purchase for the discounts... so I have to wait another week or so.

The store retailers sometimes just don’t pick them up from the distributors in a while inept fashion. Stopped by my store today. Haven’t picked up the preorders yet.

10 minutes ago, Vergilius said:

The store retailers sometimes just don’t pick them up from the distributors in a while inept fashion. Stopped by my store today. Haven’t picked up the preorders yet.

I had the same issue many times. No reason to pay more at the LGS if they won't even get the order day-of. Plus, they get the wrong quantities as often as not.

I stopped by my shop today. Apparently I ordered 4 boxes of Wraiths instead of 2 boxes. Oops. I ended up buying 3, and they put the other one in the shelf. I feel kind of bad, but they were cool about it. And now I can run two 3x1's afterall!

8 hours ago, Willange said:

I had the same issue many times. No reason to pay more at the LGS if they won't even get the order day-of. Plus, they get the wrong quantities as often as not.

Yep, I called tonight, but nobody seems to know anything. They could only take a number and get back to me.

Stopped by FFG and picked up 3 Wraiths and Kethra tonight.

I got my Kethra and (for now) two boxes of wraiths. Honestly, the most surprising thing to me was that Kethra’s Ripper (Fluffy, Rusty, whatever) is noticeably bigger than the standard Flesh Rippers.

God would that that look so cool if Kethra was any good embedded in Rippers.

I got Kethra today. Woo! I can't wait to put her on the battlefield. Hopefully Parakitor and I can get a game in with Kethra and Wraiths before I leave tomorrow. It's been a great week staying with him and getting a Runewars game in almost every day.

I can't wait to start painting Hurrok. I've got some great ideas! I hope I can bring them out on the figure. Hurrok also has extra spines on its head that I didn't notice from the pictures.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kethra's terrain. It has 4-tray capacity. The defensive side is a Raider's Tent that gives Protected 1 to a unit occupying it and allows a unit to execute a speed-2 march after exiting the tent. The dangerous side is a Desecrated Temple that gives Cover 1 to all units and is Taxing 2 to all non-Uthuk units. I feel disappointed that Latari and Uthuk get terrain that benefit them specifically while the other two factions do not yet.

1 minute ago, Budgernaut said:

I  feel  disappointed that Latari and Uthuk get terrain that  bene  f  it them specifically while the other two factions do not   yet  .

I've always been disappointed that the graveyard doesn't have some sort of regen keyword worked into it for waiqar.

8 hours ago, Church14 said:

God would that that look so cool if Kethra was any good embedded in Rippers.

Cool is more important than effective!

surely you know this? ?

Yep, they only had 2 of my 4 boxes of Darnati and none of the outland scouts.

They did get my wraiths in and my Glob those are gorgeous models.

... they also had the other stuff 33% off so I snagged up more party worms and party knights

7 hours ago, Wraithist said:

T hey did get my wraiths in and my Glob those are gorgeous models.

I completely agree. I don't think I was prepared for how good the Wraiths look! They are bigger than I expected, and they look utterly terrifying as they tower over enemy infantry. I can't wait to paint them!

Edited by Parakitor
1 minute ago, Parakitor said:

I completely agree. I don't think I was prepared for how good the Wraiths look! They are bigger than I expected, and they look utterly terrifying as that tower over enemy infantry. I can't wait to paint them!

Yes! I had two of them posed looming over my Darnati (almost level with those swords though, those are insane).

They're my favorite model in the game so far. I also wasn't prepared for how big they are, the motion in their robes is done so so well. I'm stoked to paint these big *** swords but I'm most excited to paint the wraiths.

I just had an idea for how to attempt painting the wraiths... I'll have to investigate that this weekend.

Would anyone mind sharing the objective card for Kethra?

I wish there was a way to grab the terrain from other fractions. Tournaments seem to give out the objectives/deployments to some extent. People tend to buy two starters so that's easy enough to trade, but who buys extra copies of heroes?

I really should not buy Kethra just for those items right?

2 hours ago, Xquer said:

Would anyone mind sharing the objective card for Kethra?

I wish there was a way to grab the terrain from other fractions. Tournaments seem to give out the objectives/deployments to some extent. People tend to buy two starters so that's easy enough to trade, but who buys extra copies of heroes?

I really should not buy Kethra just for those items right?

Correct. I'm sure no one would be-grudge you for using some "proxy terrain". Cardboard templates aren't too hard to make and the rules already provide room for custom terrain pieces. If what you really want is the official pieces though... you may be out of luck I'm afraid. My hope would be that they'd release a terrain pack at some point containing 1 of each terrain from each hero pack and army box. I wouldn't need it personally, but it would make sense I think.

Edited by Willange