Surges for Imperials?

By azambeaux, in Legends of the Alliance

Hi guys, I just played the IA app this weekend, and since I am totally new to the game, I spent a lot of times going over the rules from the app and the book.

I couldn't figure out 1 thing: are we supposed to use the Surge abilites from the Imperial cards? Like give +1 to damage etc?

Or do we just ignore these and use the abilities from the app only?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, azambeaux said:

Hi guys, I just played the IA app this weekend, and since I am totally new to the game, I spent a lot of times going over the rules from the app and the book.

I couldn't figure out 1 thing: are we supposed to use the Surge abilites from the Imperial cards? Like give +1 to damage etc?

Or do we just ignore these and use the abilities from the app only?

Thanks!

Ignore the surge abilities on the card and use the Surge Priority list for each figure in the app.

× IASurges.jpg.d998ad121c3a5eff57c51adabbf7c73d.jpg

Spending Surges under Imperial Figure Attacks on page 17 of the LOTA rulebook

"In Legends of the Alliance, each Imperial figure spends [surge] icons according to its surge priority. To display a figure’s surge priority, either select the “[surge] Priority” button in that figure’s activation window or select the figure’s portrait in the Imperial Tracker and select the info button to the right of the portrait.

The surge priority represents the order in which an Imperial figure spends [surge] icons. If the figure has at least one [surge] to spend,it uses the topmost surge ability in the list that it does not skip. The figure skips a surge ability if one of the following is true:

• It has already used that ability during this attack.
• The ability costs more [surges] than it has remaining.
• The ability would have no effect (e.g., increasing accuracy when the attack already has enough accuracy or attempting to inflict a condition when the attack currently deals no damage).

Then, if the figure has any [surges] remaining, it repeats this process, starting from the top of the list again. If the figure cannot resolve any surge abilities, the remaining [surges] have no effect."

So you have to click on it to see it? That's silly as I totally missed it. Why not just leave it displayed the whole time?

And thanks alot for the answer, super helpful :)

1 hour ago, azambeaux said:

So you have to click on it to see it? That's silly as I totally missed it. Why not just leave it displayed the whole time?

And thanks alot for the answer, super helpful :)

I agree.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:31 AM, azambeaux said:

(emphasis mine)

Probably an attempt to simulate the fact that you don't usually know what order an Imperial player will spend surges? It's usually obvious, but with recover surges you might not know if they will do that in preference to doing more damage or applying a condition to a hero.