Possible spoiler regarding the Lion/Unicorn conflict

By mirrorcat, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

LOL @Schmoozies you're hardly one to talk about logic and common sense.

Tsuko is certainly not the personification of discretion or cunning. If anyone is claiming she dispatched the ronin leader to cover her own tracks, they'regoing to have to actually offer some evidence. By contrast, anyone saying she slayed the ronin leader without thinking it through, yeah well that's exactly what happened.

Edited by Manchu
13 minutes ago, Manchu said:

LOL @Schmoozies you're hardly one to talk about logic and common sense.

Tsuko is certainly not the personification of discretion or cunning. If anyone is claiming she dispatched the ronin leader to cover her own tracks, they'regoing to have to actually offer some evidence. By contrast, anyone saying she slayed the ronin leader without thinking it through, yeah well that's exactly what happened.

All my arguments are based on logic and common sense #kakitayoshiisafool.

As Tabris said the smart move on Tsuko's part would have been to question the leader of Ronin to determine who hired him. Instead she executed him on the spot without making any effort to verify if his story was even true. She than proceeded to release a hostage of massive importance to the Lion in their ongoing aggressive negotiations with the Crane for no gain, except the possibility that he may be able to confirm her suspicions as to the forces behind the conflict (gee if only you had a living witness to question on that front), without any consultation with her Champion or any of her clans senior leadership. No one has said that she is directly part of some conspiracy but she is dancing to the tune of said conspiracy at the very least with her short sighted and reckless decisions.

> claims his arguments are logical

> immediately makes (yet another) argument contrary to evidence and rationality

First, I get that you guys will post ANYTHING AT ALL to insult a Lion (or Crane) character. But Matsu Tsuko is impetuous. It's just a fact. No one is arguing otherwise.

Second, Tsuko actually defied the suspected conspiracy by not only sparing Kuwanan's life but going even further and releasing him. There is no one in Rokugan who could plausibly plan that Tsuko would do this. Whoever hired those ronin was counting on her killing Kuwanan outright to close the loop on suspicions that Doji Satsume was murdered.

By the way, I am not ruling out Lion characters as suspects. Ikoma Ujiaki has a motive as he strongly desires war with the Crane as well as having maneuvered Toturi into the office of Emerald Champion. But he is ultimately a rigid loyalist. His bellicose and arrogant demeanor are just the extreme end of the Lion archetype. For the very reason that he is basically a caricature of Lion inflexibility, I doubt he could countenance murder. Akodo Kage, on the other hand, may be pushing a larger agenda as to Toturi. ((paging @Shiba Gunichi ))

Edited by Manchu
3 hours ago, Manchu said:

Akodo Kage, on the other hand, may be pushing a larger agenda as to Toturi. ((paging @Shiba Gunichi ))

latest?cb=20151115231539

16 minutes ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

latest?cb=20151115231539

Here have an oreo it will make you feel better

Manchu just invested a lot of xp in Courtier(Rhetoric) is all. There's no room for logic or reason in the courts of Rokugan so you can't win an argument that way. Best to beat someone like that is to get a faster sword hand and take offense to something they say.

A sharp blade is of limited use to a dull mind.

Again this all based on what we knew of the characters from the old lore. I'm pretty sure FFG is setting is all up for a big surprise when we find out Tsuko and Yoshi are behind the whole thing because they are secret lovers and are going to pin everything on Kachiko and Horatu so they can be the popular couple. Tsuko and Yoshi are just suck of the media's obsession over those two pillowfighting tramps. I mean here we have the wife of the clan champion and an imperial ambassador arranging the deaths of both of their clans champs so they can marry and rule the empire but the girl in girl action steals their pub......

Oh hellllllllllll no #tsukoshi ain't gonna stand for that

I'm still off the opinion that Ikoma Eiji was awfully well informed about the ronin attack in the Learn to Play fiction. I know the exact timing of each story is unclear, but who exactly is deciding to inform him of these details in the first place, and at such a convenient time?

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, mirrorcat said:

Sabotage.png?version=99ff7af92f1d40ef20d

this burning stable seems to be residing inside an encampment/fort or at the very least adjacent to a wall while the Unicorn's one appear to be a makeshift one built outside.

But most importantly, are you trying to insinuate that the proud and honorable members of the Lion clan would degrade themselves to adopt subterfuge and underhanded tactics? Surely you jest!

Or... it could even be a Lion Clan stable judging by the number of Cavalry cards being handed out to the Lion recently!!

1 hour ago, The Steel Unicorn said:

Or... it could even be a Lion Clan stable judging by the number of Cavalry cards being handed out to the Lion recently!!

No, these are horses, not ponies. Only the Unicorn have horses.

Look at the size of the guy near the beast. That thing is huuuuuge!

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, Tabris2k said:

No, these are horses, not ponies. Only the Unicorn have horses.

Look at the size of the guy near the beast. That thing is huuuuuge!

Heh! I reckon the 'guy' isn't a guy but a miscreant Nezumi conducting some vile Scorpion plot! Lol...