New player, having trouble downloading the offical scenarios

By Ken on Cape, in Tide of Iron

I have been reading aout this game online for a few days and going to pick up Tide of Iron later this week. I have gone to the scenario page here:

http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/tideofiron_scenarios.html

But when I click on the box next to the title of scenario, it brings me to the main FFG page. I'm logged in. Can anyone help?

Ken on Cape,

After reading your post I tried to download the "Operation Early Bird" scenarios and the same thing happened to me - I was redirected to FFG's home page. When I downloaded these scenarios before it was from their old website, so perhaps it's a temporary problem?

On the other hand, these scenarios are now found in the newly released Designer Series Volume I book so perhaps FFG has taken them off their site? The best way to find out is to email FFG directly. In the past they have always answered my questions in a prompt and professional manner (usually within 1-2 days) so don't hesitate to contact them.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. However, I don't want to leave a new ToI player empty-handed so allow me to make one suggestion to get you playing straight away. I've found the three best intro scenarios are fan-made. They are:

1. "Tiger Hunt" by Mike Zebrowski

2. "New Player Scenario 1 - Infantry" by Scott Roberts

3. "New Player Scenario 2 - Vehicles" by Scott Roberts

These three scenarios are easy to set up, balanced and play fast. Tiger Hunt is especially fun, but any of them will teach you the rules before tackling some of the more complex scenarios that come in the base game. I double-checked and all three of these are still downloadable. After you've got the basics under your belt, you might try "Redball Express" by Shane Meehan or "Pavlov's House" by Scott Roberts. Both look like winners.

Have fun gaming!

Sincerely,

Yipe

Thanks. I did already download those from another post i read here. I hope its just a temp. issue. Thanks for your help. One other question, you know where I can download "printer friendly" versions of scenarios? All the ones i got so far have the black backround. Be using alot of ink that way.

I've never run across a "printer friendly" version of the downloadable scenarios. All the versions I've printed out have come straight from the original PDF and have the dark background. At least it looks good, even if it does suck up the ink.

Where are the operation Early Bird scenarios? I dont see anything by that name? Unless those are the scenarios released on the web by FFG, and thats their code name?

A P.S. a fix to your problem is simple, just go to Catalog, then go to Board, then go to Tide of Iron, then click support, and you can click the official scenarios names and they'll download for you. The link you provided still does what your describing but do it the way I just outlined and you'll have your scenarios in hand!

Ken on Cape,

Luftwaffe Flak is correct, you can download the scenarios by going to the ToI page and clicking on Support. I'm not sure why the link you provided is not working properly, though I noticed you were trying to download the Early Bird scenarios from the scenario design page so perhaps that is the problem (a glitch with the new site)?

Here is the page that worked for me:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=8&esem=4

It also has the FAQ and errata download.

Luftwaffe Flak,

To answer your question - Early Bird is the collective name commonly used to describe the first two free scenarios FFG made available for download ("Breaking the Line" and "Chain of Command" respectively) as that is the operation they are based upon.

Got them. Thanks everyone. Picking game up tomorrow. cool.gif

Thanks Yipe, glad to know I didnt miss anything LOL. (The completist in my and all)

Well after picking up the game and Day of the Fox I must say I am very impressed. Guys in my gaming group recommended it and after checkign it out online I know I will love this game.

One of the things that I was impressed with was all the plastic pieces were already apart, some of the other games like ToI you had to seperate the plastic from the platic "trees" that came out of the mold machine.