Second Edition?

By Digitalman87, in Star Wars: The Card Game

So I was thinking about getting this game while I wait on X-Wing 2.0. On my post on the X-Wing forum when I was asking for advice about the game, I also asked advice on what I could play until September. I asked about this game and someone said it was a dead game. Just looking a fun game for my wife and I. I see a lot of other LCG have second editions. What’s the chances of this getting a second edition? Still worth jumping into for a fun weekend night game with the wife?

If you're wanting a fun game to play casually, who cares if there aren't going to be any new (official) cards or tournaments? Give it a try! I'd certainly recommend the game.

As for a 2nd edition, I rather doubt it. My guess is that Destiny has replaced the LCG as the Star Wars card game FFG is devoting time to.

15 hours ago, dbmeboy said:

If you're wanting a fun game to play casually, who cares if there aren't going to be any new (official) cards or tournaments? Give it a try! I'd certainly recommend the game.

As for a 2nd edition, I rather doubt it. My guess is that Destiny has replaced the LCG as the Star Wars card game FFG is devoting time to.

Thanks! My wife and I love Star Wars and just want a fun game to play just for us but more strategic than normal family card/board games. I figured Destiny was taking over but I would rather buy expansions and know exactly what I’m getting. I really want to try Imperial Assault but might be too much strategy game for my wife. I think I’m going to try a few game shops around town and see if I can find one on the cheap. Thanks again!

For Imperial Assault: you might want to download the app (it's free) and see how heavy the game for your wife is. Also, keep in mind that if you play with the app, the game becomes fully coop, so, you play together against the scenario, and thus the "strategy burden" is shared by the two of you. I've seen some friends not into strategy games become involved in strategy games through the use of coop games, so, it might be worth to give it a try (to play the tutorial you just have to proxy a couple of cards)

I know this will never happen, but what if FFG bought the original game mechanics license for SWCCG from Decipher (similar to netrunner) and released a LCG 2.0 based upon those. That'd be essentially a dream come true.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:05 PM, Digitalman87 said:

Thanks! My wife and I love Star Wars and just want a fun game to play just for us but more strategic than normal family card/board games. I figured Destiny was taking over but I would rather buy expansions and know exactly what I’m getting. I really want to try Imperial Assault but might be too much strategy game for my wife. I think I’m going to try a few game shops around town and see if I can find one on the cheap. Thanks again!

If you want to know what you are getting and are at all are curious about destiny. The two player set is fixed, and so are the starter decks and draft packs. Either a pair of starter decks or two of the Two player sets is a good way to gauge the game. After that I personally have only bought 1 box of each set and got all the commons and then just buy singles which of course means 100% I know what I am getting for the most part because I know with the box that I will get all my commons and a few things that I will not have to buy singles of, but honestly unless you are looking to play competitive just the two player box or a pair of Starters is actually super fun to play on occasion.

In addition, the single rares and uncommons have drastically dropped in price with the average rare being around 2 or 3 dollars so the only cards that are "expensive" are the legendary's at around 15 to 30 dollars, and if you are looking to play competitive you actually do not have to buy a full set of cards just enough for a couple good decks is just about as expensive as keeping up with an LCG I have found, but that is because I play a very limited window of decks because I only like playing decks with characters I like.

Edited by tunewalker