Round 1 - Summery 2018 Vassal Tournament

By tgall, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Booo on the bye, but good luck everyone!!

I just realized that since @xelveki and I traveled here together we shouldn't be paired first round... ? I kid, I kid! We'll see if we can get our game in soon. Maybe while everyone else is having fun at GenCon.

17 hours ago, Parakitor said:

I just realized that since @xelveki and I traveled here together we shouldn't be paired first round... ? I kid, I kid! We'll see if we can get our game in soon. Maybe while everyone else is having fun at GenCon.

That just means you can play it off Vassal, right?

16 hours ago, kaffis said:

That just means you can play it off Vassal, right?

Yup. Just allows people to play the game online without having to meet in person. For communities that are smaller like Runewars, it's a great way to get in some games, build a bigger community and have fun.

MissHunter and I tried to arrange a game tonight, but in the end it didn't work out for her, and she would like to forfeit.

Can we perhaps change the pairings that Aetheriac plays against me? It will get a bit tight time-wise for me though, as I can only play next weekend again.

August 20th is about a week away.

@Uthoroc - as discussed via email will try and get ahold of @Aetheriac and ask. I'm all for trying to get games in!

Hey, I am up for games no matter how I can get them in.

Great, Aetheriac and I have managed to schedule a game for Sunday. 7 hours time difference doesn't make it exactly easy. :D

@xelveki and I finished our game just now. My Waiqar forces scored 134 and the forces of Daqan scored 22 points for a 112 point differential, and a 9-2 victory for me.

Edited by Parakitor
Raven Standard Bearer costs 3 not 4. Silly me.

Uthoroc and I just finished our game. 142 to 124, Uthuk... 6:5, 18 MOV.

It was a really close game. Thanks for the game Uthoroc.

Edited by Aetheriac

@Datskor and I just finished our match. I won 200-62 (I took the table) so 138 MOV.

With 12 players, is this going to be a three-round tournament? I don't remember hearing the plan.

Zaaik and I couldn't get our schedules to align, in part because of the difference in time zones.

As Chief Lieutenant of Waiqar's undying forces I invoke the authority vested in me to reanimate this thread!

So here's the deal: Tom got really busy, and there was a small miscommunication where he was waiting for games to be reported, but some players thought it was a HARD deadline, and didn't end up scheduling games because they thought time was up. If this was a league, we'd move on, and it would be up to you to get your previous round's games in. But this isn't a league, and not getting your games in makes it kind of hard to do pairings for the next round.

So here's the plan: If you haven't finished your round 1 game :

1. Try to get your game in during the next week if you think you can manage -OR-
  2. If you absolutely cannot get that game in, let me know ASAP . In this case, I will award both players the lowest scored tournament points of the round (in this case, you will each get 1 point), and we can get pairings set up for round 2

In the future, I'd like to keep to 2 weeks per round, with the possibility of extensions, but that really slows things down. We want to keep the excitement up and move this thing along. I know my army is one that I've kind of moved on from already, but I'm still interested in playing more Runewars!

@Evil Doctor T @FranquesEnbiens @xelveki @jek @tgall @Zaaik @Budgernaut @Uthoroc @flightmaster101 @Datskor @Aetheriac

I was wondering about this...thanks for picking it up! Should we call it the Runewars Vintage tournament, with all the new stuff we have since this started? ;)

Alright, this weekend I'm going to make pairings for round 2. You have about 24 hours or so to report a match, otherwise I'll mark you down for minimum points. I'll post the pairings Monday. Let's see some more Menara mayhem!

P.S. if you haven't already, please subscribe to this thread so that you received notifications to your inbox!

I am very sorry, but my schedule for November and December is simply to packed now to play... especially with having to relearn the whole interface over again. I'm withdrawing from the tournament.

Round 2 Pairings!

Table 1: @flightmaster101 vs. @FranquesEnbiens

Table 2: @Parakitor vs. @Aetheriac

Table 3: @Datskor vs. @Evil Doctor T

Table 4: @xelveki vs. @Budgernaut

Table 5: @jek vs. @tgall

Deployment: Unprepared

Objective: Volatile Runes

Player army lists

As noted above, Uthoroc has chosen to drop. It is a very busy time of year. If you wish to drop, please let me know.

Since we have 11 players remaining, we will be having 3 rounds, so we should be able to finish this up before the end of the year. Maybe.

Good luck!

P.S. @tgall can you rename the thread, "Round 2 Vintage Vassal Tournament"? Thanks!

P.P.S. Here is the leaderboard

2018 Vassal Summer Tournament

Rank First name Last name Total points Margin of Victory Strength of Schedule Extended Strength of Schedule Faction
1. Flightmaster - 9 138 2.75000 2.75000 Uthuk Y’llan
2. FranquesEnbiens - 9 136 2.75000 2.75000 Uthuk Y’llan
3. Parakitor - 9 112 2.50000 3.62500 Waiqar
4. Aetheriac - 8 70 4.50000 2.50000 Uthuk Y’llan
5. Evil Doctor T 2 0 2.75000 2.75000 Waiqar
6. Datskor - 2 0 2.75000 2.75000 Daqan
7. Xelveki - 2 0 2.75000 1.75000 Daqan
8. MissHunter - 2 0 2.00000 2.00000 Latari Elves
9. Uthoroc - 2 0 2.00000 2.00000 Waiqar
10. Budgernaut - 2 0 1.00000 1.87500 Uthuk Y’llan
11. Jek - 2 0 1.00000 1.00000 Uthuk Y’llan
12. Zaaik - 2 0 1.00000 1.00000 Waiqar
13. tgall - 2 0 1.00000 1.00000 Daqan
Edited by Parakitor

Thats not right

I won my match 10-1

On 8/19/2018 at 1:18 PM, flightmaster101 said:

@Datskor and I just finished our match. I won 200-62 (I took the table) so 138 MOV.

@Parakitor

9 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

Not any more!

I kid, I kid. I had assumed that all the results were entered when the tournament data file was handed to me. Oops. I'll get that fixed.

Okay, pairings should be fixed!

I'm going to have to probably drop out the tournament also. I am finding it very difficult to get online to play the game in the evenings and I still do not fully understand how to use Vassal anyway.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused! :(

@Zaaik I totally understand. Thanks for letting me know. @tgall , you're in! You'll be paired against @jek , and I'll edit the post above to reflect that.