987654321's law

By 987654321, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

This is based onGodwin's law, which states the following:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1 "

[link] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law [/link]

While viewing this subforum, I have come across a similar principle, which I've dubbed 987654321's law:

"As a discussion on the Lore subforum of the l5r ffg community grows longer, the probability of someone opening a debate about you-know-who's intelligence or lack thereof aproaches 1, and upon happening so a new subthread begins in which Schmoozies and Manchu desperately try to convince one another of their opinion."

If such a thing ever happens again, I propose someone to say "987654321's law!", upon which it would be implied that they please continue to focus on the actual subject of the thread.

Should anyone still want to desperately try to convince somebody else of the intelligence or lack thereof of you-know-who, he or she is advised to do so in this thread, and leave the others alone.

Thank you for your time,

what makes you think either of us want to convince the other?

1 minute ago, Manchu said:

what makes you think either of us want to convince the other?

The issue is we've engaged in Policy Debate where we have equal skill and both matched the others 2 bid to try and sneak some honor out of it.

4 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

The issue is we've engaged in Policy Debate where we have equal skill and both matched the others 2 bid to try and sneak some honor out of it.

So this would make the law a "contingency plan"? or maybe a "voice of honor" since it's likely to be a third party to apply it

well it would need a catchier name at the very least

#smooziechu #manchoozies

I'm just getting their couples name nailed down ahead of all the major tabloids for when these arguments inevitably spill over into the main stream media.

I could give two rips about Tay-Tay's beef with Katie Perry, but, I want to know all about the #smooziechu #manchoozies feud. Do your fricken job TMZ!

#schmanchoozies

Nailed it!

First thing that needs to be settle is

The long U sound: Which one pulled it off better?

Hey let's not forget about @Shiba Gunichi here!

#schmanichi

You're welcome

I like it!

Even structurally, it shows how they gang up on me.

#schmanichitonu

I'm just reserving this in case I get sucked into a #schmanichi debate

4 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

#schmanichitonu

I'm just reserving this in case I get sucked into a #schmanichi debate

Good plan after all we Mantis are known (at least in some circles) for absorbing all that we come in contact with and making it one of us.

3 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

They are locked in a battle of a thousand days and a thousand nights!!!

3 hours ago, Manchu said:

Hey let's not forget about @Shiba Gunichi here!

I really am sort of a dastardly instigator in this respect....

4 hours ago, 987654321 said:

This is based onGodwin's law, which states the following:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1 "

[link] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law [/link]

Reductio ad Hitlerum , to reduce an opponent's argument or personage to being in line with Hitler. This mimics the argumentative method of Reductio ad Absurdum - a method of disproving an argument by "reducing it to the absurd" or taking it to the extreme. The former is always a fallacy (unless the opponent is, in fact, pushing Nazi-esk ideals), while the latter is either a correct form of arguing, or is actually a Slippery Slope fallacy.

Technically, Reductio ad Hitlerum is just a specific variant on the Ad Hominem fallacy - "against the person", or to attack the person rather than their argument. It's just more fun that the norm.

3 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

#schmanchoozies

Nailed it!

First thing that needs to be settle is

The long U sound: Which one pulled it off better?

I'm thinking more of a #Schumanchu. Which could also be a mustache... or maybe a sandwich.

3 minutes ago, Duciris said:

I'm thinking more of a #Schumanchu. Which could also be a mustache... or maybe a sandwich.

That's a good one, but, now that we have to account for The Phoenix Clan Instigator I think has to be updated to accurately reflect this feuding love triangle.

#schumanchunichi

I want this thing trending by the end of the day!