Jedi Star Misc thread

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

That is correct yes

Ok equinox is out. So Seth?

Sure

Hello! Just got an invite from Shard. How is everybody?

Also do y'all have a discord channel or is everything through here?

Edited by AtariAssasin
13 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

Hello! Just got an invite from Shard. How is everybody?

Also do y'all have a discord channel or is everything through here?

Everything is through here, we're putting our characters on http://swsheets.com . and using http://orokos.com to roll dice, also this https://dice.owenmead.com/jedi quest keeps track of destiny points.

We have 3 threads for this campaign, ic is only in character ooc is fo discussion of stuff that's immediately about to happen in the ic thread, and the misc thread is for everything else.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@AtariAssasin , welcome! Looking forward to seeing you play! No discord for this game, everything is here.

As a quick update on what is happening, the jedi are slowly collecting together force users to try and rejuvenate the jedi order, and their search has lead them to Mandalore. They've been over a bunch of planets, and this is the last one of this session. If you look in the ic thread (

) I will need you to introduce your two characters on the planet Mandalore. They don't have to necessarily know each other, as the party will be trying to find any force users.

Gotcha. Makes sense enough that they find my apprentice on planet. I assume they already know my master?

5 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

Gotcha. Makes sense enough that they find my apprentice on planet. I assume they already know my master?

In fact it’s preferable that they don’t know each other yet. On of the main rules is that a player’s two characters cannot have any connection to each other. Your apprentice character will eventually be apprenticed to another player’s master character.

As for the other masters already knowing your master, probably not, though he might be on the First Order dossier Korath acquired.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Sure if that’s how you wanna play it. It just seemed like a natural connection to draw on. If Jex has SOME contact with one of the masters it would make an easier transition I figured.

With regards to the master/apprentice issue Jex wouldn’t train a padawan that he discovered on principle. He would just usher them to the order to be trained, but if you feel that’s still too much I suppose we can do it separate.

Assuming that I don’t know anybody is coming or that they exist my characters would just be going about their lives. I’m not sure how to bring them in other then random happenstance. It feels like if he is on some kind of Dossier it would be at the behest of the other masters to find him.

Edited by AtariAssasin
3 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

Sure if that’s how you wanna play it. It just seemed like a natural connection to draw on. If Jex has SOME contact with one of the masters it would make an easier transition I figured.

With regards to the master/apprentice issue Jex wouldn’t train a padawan that he discovered on principle. He would just usher them to the order to be trained, but if you feel that’s still too much I suppose we can do it separate.

Assuming that I don’t know anybody is coming or that they exist my characters would just be going about their lives. I’m not sure how to bring them in other then random happenstance. It feels like if he is on some kind of Dossier it would be at the behest of the other masters to find him.

The reason for the rule against a given player's two characters having a connection is primarily to encourage, if not force inter player interactions to develop, and to create more natural interactions between characters run by the different players, rather than predetermined "scripted" interactions between a single player's characters, given that you won't know how the other players' characters will react to your character.

As for the other characters finding your characters, That's the whole purpose of this session. It's Korath actively looking for other Jedi and potential students. That's why we're now on Mandalore as well. It's how I found Drez'n, Jonas, and the others so far as well. Also, remember, during this time frame (thirty years after Return of the Jedi ) , there is no Jedi Order. Even Luke Skywalker's attempt at rebuilding the Order has failed, with most, if not all of the students he had at his academy being killed by Kylo Ren. So, what you have is a few survivors, much like during the Rebellion era. The only key difference is that Jedi aren't being actively hunted down by the government. The First Order, on the other hand...

@AtariAssasin , if it helps, you apprentice could have crossed paths with Reesh in the past, maybe a close call with a hunt or something along those lines. In terms of your master, as he is a former jedi, I see no real problem with him knowing one, or even several of the other masters. @Jonas Shaaf and @TheShard both have masters from that time, so they would be the obvious links there. You master character may well sense the arrival of such a concentration of force users, that would make things easier.

Of course, given the rough age you’ve established for your character (middle age) he couldn’t have been more than a young Padawan, even younger than Kanan Jarrus at the time of Order 66. Korath is in his mid to late forties, and he was born about seven years before ANH.