Jedi Star Misc thread

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I think with this you are just robbing yourself of exp when you could just have a lightsaber for 0.

8 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

I think with this you are just robbing yourself of exp when you could just have a lightsaber for 0.

maybe but avalon doesn't know how credits work and prefers to rely on his own ability then external devices

3 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

maybe but avalon doesn't know how credits work and prefers to rely on his own ability then external devices

If you wanted to use conjure I think you would be better off just taking marauder than that tree tho.

33 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

28 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

If you wanted to use conjure I think you would be better off just taking marauder than that tree tho.

I agree with @SithArissa here. Also many of the parts the starting characters (and anyone else) are gonna need to build a lightsaber, they’re probably going to be scrounging for rather than purchasing, and the ship has plenty of tools and “spare parts” in the workshop as well, so getting the parts to build the sabers shouldn’t be that difficult.

4 hours ago, SithArissa said:

IMaybe he cant conjoure a saber but you can conjure items. Perhaps he can do a hard discipline check to conjure the crystal itself? Giving the blade a ghostly look.

treating this as a second mastery attached to the bottom right duration

cost: 30

may make a conjure power check combine with a formidable disciple check if check succeeds may conjure a lightsaber with qualities of a kyber crystal a character has on their person

Your character with Marauder would produce a weapon damage +3 +2 from your brawn +3 from feral strength for 8 base damage. You roll your maximum dice of 4 and produce that many pips spend 1 to make the weapon, then commit one to sustain it. you then have 3 pips left to spend on the control upgrade to give it burn 3, pierce 3 and vicious 3 (which is added to the +30 from Marauder)You also get 4 toughened ranks and 2 enduring to make you pretty tanky. Dunno about you but I'm gonna storing this build and using it somewhere.

11 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Your character with Marauder would produce a weapon damage +3 +2 from your brawn +3 from feral strength for 8 base damage. You roll your maximum dice of 4 and produce that many pips spend 1 to make the weapon, then commit one to sustain it. you then have 3 pips left to spend on the control upgrade to give it burn 3, pierce 3 and vicious 3 (which is added to the +30 from Marauder)You also get 4 toughened ranks and 2 enduring to make you pretty tanky. Dunno about you but I'm gonna storing this build and using it somewhere.

Ok so I have an idea for a pc for a side campaign of another campaign I'm in. Basically I'm the native species of this tundra planet. I'm a giant. He has sworn an oath to figure out where a fellow team mate went when he left with this darksider into wildspace.

I'm torn between a few options. I'm planning 3 specs.

Colossus, steel hand, hermit

Hermit, executioner, marauder

Hermit ascetic ?

How well does conjur work instead of a well crafted weapon?

Edited by TheShard
8 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Ok so I have an idea for a pc for a side campaign of another campaign I'm in. Basically I'm the native species of this tundra planet. I'm a giant. He has sworn an oath to figure out where a fellow team mate went when he left with this darksider into wildspace.

I'm torn between a few options. I'm planning 3 specs.

Colossus, steel hand, hermit

Hermit, executioner, marauder

Hermit ascetic ?

How well does conjur work instead of a well crafted weapon?

I dont see how Hermit helps the first 2.

For base damage you can get higher with a 'real' weapon but the versatility of conjure is useful. You can mix and match burn 3, pierce 3, viscous 3, defensive 1, deflection 1 and stun 4. Im sure you can get most if not all of these on melee weapons but they are static and you are stuck with what you have.

Another thing about conjure is no ones ever gonna find a weapon on you during a pat down or something and you'll never be without a weapon.

Adds fr, adds a rank of enduring and is flavor to the fluff.

Does burn need to be activated with advantage?

Just now, TheShard said:

It does.

Its base damage for rounds equal to burn rating?

15 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

I dont see how Hermit helps the first 2.

For base damage you can get higher with a 'real' weapon but the versatility of conjure is useful. You can mix and match burn 3, pierce 3, viscous 3, defensive 1, deflection 1 and stun 4. Im sure you can get most if not all of these on melee weapons but they are static and you are stuck with what you have.

Another thing about conjure is no ones ever gonna find a weapon on you during a pat down or something and you'll never be without a weapon.

Just now, TheShard said:

And these are just more reasons why applying Conjure to make a lightsaber would be so broken.

I know this is for a different idea...

2 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Its base damage for rounds equal to burn rating?

The target would burn for 3 rounds. I'm not sure if 'base damage' would be just the weapon and brawn or if stuff like feral strength is included. Up to the Gm I guess.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

And these are just more reasons why applying Conjure to make a lightsaber would be so broken.

there are burn lightsabers already

but for your concerns i am going to take a kimber stone cause of character consistency as avalons inspiration lift always wields a blunt shardblade as her spren (equivalent to a kyber crystal) is a pacifist

2 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

there are burn lightsabers already

but for your concerns i am going to take a kimber stone cause of character consistency as avalons inspiration lift always wields a blunt shardblade as her spren (equivalent to a kyber crystal) is a pacifist

All of the students will be run through the Gathering on the planet Ossus. As such, if they pass this trial, they’ll be getting Mephite crystals. And, for the record, Mephite and Kimber Stones do the same damage.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Well tramp we may go on further adventures for more specific crystals as well. So don't lock that in as an absolute.

1 minute ago, TheShard said:

Well tramp we may go on further adventures for more specific crystals as well. So don't lock that in as an absolute.

I agree. I’m just talking about their first crystal. For instance, someone might want a cyclic crystal array in their Saber, like Korath has. That means two to three different types of lightsaber crystal.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
3 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

All of the students will be run through the Gathering on the planet Ossus. As such, if they pass this trial, they’ll be getting Mephite crystals  . And, for the record, Mephite and Kimber Stones  do the same damage.

Kimber

Base Modifications:

• Changes Base Damage to 9 Mod
  • Changes Base Critical Rating to 0 Mod
  • Quality (Stun Damage) Mod

Mephite

• Changes Base Damage to 8 Mod
  • Changes Base Critical Rating to 2 Mod
  • 1 Grant Quality (Breach 1) Mod
  • Quality (Sunder) Mod
  • Force-sensitive characters using Force powers to sense their surroundings automatically detect a lightsaber using a mephite crystal if it is within the range of the power.

Those look pretty different to me.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I agree. I’m just talking about their first crystal.

would it be so hard to say that i don't find a crystal due to the force not guiding me to one which is how it happens cannonically

Just now, SithArissa said:

Kimber

Base Modifications:

• Changes Base Damage to 9 Mod
  • Changes Base Critical Rating to 0 Mod
  • Quality (Stun Damage) Mod

Mephite

• Changes Base Damage to 8 Mod
  • Changes Base Critical Rating to 2 Mod
  • 1 Grant Quality (Breach 1) Mod
  • Quality (Sunder) Mod
  • Force-sensitive characters using Force powers to sense their surroundings automatically detect a lightsaber using a mephite crystal if it is within the range of the power.

Those look pretty different to me.

Correction: their maximum potential damage is the same. Both can get up to 11 wounds (13 if you add the extended hilt and Superior Hilt attachments) of damage.

2 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

would it be so hard to say that i don't find a crystal due to the force not guiding me to one which is how it happens cannonically

Not really, no. The point of the Gathering, as an adventure is for all of the students to get the crystal to build their first lightsaber at the same time. It’s a test and rite of passage. During the Prequel era, it was done on Ilum, and everyone would get an Ilum crystal. Ilum is not an option in this era, Ossus is, and, IMO, the Mephite crystal is an overall better, and more powerful crystal than an Ilum crystal any day. And the basic unmodified Kimber Stone does even more base damage than an unmodified Mepite, albeit stun only.

To be clear, though, I won’t be running the Gathering until the starting characters are all about 100 earned XP and have a couple of basic Force powers and proficiency with the lightsaber under their belts.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

To be clear, though, I won’t be running the Gathering until the starting characters are all about 100 earned XP and have a couple of basic Force powers and proficiency with the lightsaber under their belts.

Are you forcing these characters to have lightsaber proficiency? Teetoe has 1 brawn and will not be spending XP on a lightsaber tree. Is he expected to spend XP (10/15/20/25/30) on ranks just for this one encounter?

17 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

Are you forcing these characters to have lightsaber proficiency? Teetoe has 1 brawn and will not be spending XP on a lightsaber tree. Is he expected to spend XP (10/15/20/25/30) on ranks just for this one encounter?

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

that is another thing what of those who don't want lightsabers surly i could be placed with them until and appropriate narrative moment to get a kimber stone

I think he's talking about the students that will be training more or less as jedi. That's not all students.