1st Edition Gators Only?

By CEOWolf, in Mansions of Madness

I open app for first game and shows like 8 gators none of which I wanna use despite me having a loot more... Turns out my set has gators from 1st edition and the base set of 2nd but only gave me tiles for 2nd cuz the app asks for a Foyer I don't have a foyer tile....

The investigators that came with the conversion kit in the base game can be used once you activate the respective content in the app.
(You have to tell it which physical components you have. -> "More" -> "My Collection")

However, if you don't own the respective content from the first Ed. Mansions of Madness or the Figure & Tile Packs made for the second one,
the app will also use tiles and monsters that you don't own.

If you haven't activated any additional content yet, you should look at your tiles again first; since they are double-sided, it is quite easy to miss
a certain tile among them.

I own all monsters I guess but just missing tiles :s

1) Did you purchase more than just the base game ?

2) Did you check to see if you have the correct content checked in the app itself (as Lorinor stated above)?

3) Try checking the symbols on the tiles, and what the app is asking for. The tentacle represents the base 2nd edition game so unless you have other kits, you should only have the tentacle tiles available to you.

The 2nd Edition game comes with all of the minis for the conversion kits, but it doesn't have the stat cards for any of the characters or monsters. You would need to purchase the kits separately, and then unlock the proper content in the app.

3 hours ago, Husker949 said:

The 2nd Edition game comes with all of the minis for the conversion kits, but it doesn't have the stat cards for any of the characters or monsters. You would need to purchase the kits separately, and then unlock the proper content in the app.

Other way around, actually. The 2nd edition game comes with the Investigator stat cards and monster tokens, but no minis for either.

Edited by KBlumhardt

Thanks for the correction! I knew something was off after I said it. I bought it over a year ago so its hard to remember haha.

4 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

Other way around, actually. The 2nd edition game comes with the Investigator stat cards and monster tokens, but no minis for either.

Or tiles all tiles I have are tentacles.

That's because the conversion kit only provides the stats and info, the miniatures and tiles required
are either from the first edition (if you own that one) or the Figure and Tile packs for this edition,
which have to be purchased separately.

One of the bags in the base game contains investigator cards and monster card for the investigator figures and monster figures that came with the first edition of the game.

If you own the first edition of the game, you would have a bunch of monster figures, investigator figures, and tiles, and the conversion kit contains everything you need to use those old components with second edition straight away!

If you have clicked in stuff you don't own (i.e. stuff from first edition) in the "My Collection" part of the App, many scenarios will ask you to use tiles and monster that you don't physically own. So if the app is asking for stuff you don't own, I suggest you unclick the expansions you don't own from the App (or use count-as or something).

However, if you want to use those investigators and monsters that are described on the cards from the conversion kit, they are available in the Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares "Figure and Tile collection", which, as the name implies only contains the figures and tiles. Those component are the same as was included in the previous first edition base game and expansions.