Twin Troopers 37: History of Skirmish, Part 1

By ThatJakeGuy, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

The Pass Rule came into effect at the end of the 4x4 reign(same time as the nerfs?), so the 4x4 also had activation advantage over most other lists.

3rd and 4th at Worlds 2015 were running blast lists. One had 6 sets of sabs with Gideon and 3po, the other was 5 sets of Sabs + Jyn Gideon and 3po. In the top 8 there was one more 6 Sab list and an RGC based list, all the rest were 4x4.

Would be cool if you guys could talk about each of the skirmish maps that were in rotation, if only very briefly, like 1 minute each. I feel like skirmish eras were defined by the maps in rotation just as much as which figures were available. I really wish there was a record of which map rotated in on which date, but I thi. I started playing skirmish right around the time Training Ground had just rotated in, but then the local scene died for a while after Landfill rotated in and I completely missed out on ISB Headquarters and Anchorhead Bar.

For example, one of the things that made Blaise so good was that the maps in rotation at the time had doors he could shoot at that allowed him to trigger Interrogate on turn 1.

Edit: Hey look, somebody over on BGG compiled all the old map rotations! https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1501719/skirmish-tournament-map-history

Nice one, however I woudn't completly agree with statement, that stormtroopers Villain Pack was worthless, because it contained stealth tactics :) (not talking about 2nd est deployment, which was ezsential for blaises spies)

Edited by Szycha

The Stormtrooper pack included a map in rotation, Reinforcements and the second much needed Elite Stormtrooper deployment card. That was a must have at that time.

Furthermore Vader's Finest saw some play, when the Jet Troopers where released.

On the topic of the storm trooper pack, I would gladly have purchased a jet trooper or weequay pack for a second copy of the elite rather than getting a whole other copy of a box

I hadn't considered the second eStorm card because I had the promos. Good point.