Formidable to discard?

By Lobokai, in Star Wars: Destiny

If I use formidable to move an upgrade to a fully upgraded character, does it work like redeploy, letting my opponent choose which of their upgrades the incoming one replaces?

Nope, you move it to another character

23 minutes ago, JoeyBriefcase said:

Nope, you move it to another character

lets assume im not playing against a 3 wide deck... then what

1 hour ago, Lobokai said:

lets assume im not playing against a 3 wide deck... then what

Oh crap brain fart, yeah your opponent chooses I believe. I had a grievous deck that used Cargo Hold so it worked just like that

No matter how many characters your opponent has, as long as they have two characters, which then allows you to move that equipment/weapon they're using, you may choose which character of theirs it goes to. If that character now has too many upgrades, the opponent gets to choose which one to discard, not you. You are not forced to have to pick a character that is below the allotted amount of upgrades.

~D

They could also just discard the one you are moving as well.

what happens if the equipment says "BLUE CHARACTER ONLY" and doesn't have "REDEPLOY"? does the equipment get moved or does it get discarded? or does it not effect it since the upgrade requires a blue character?

Edited by Raikou Thor

"Deal 1 damage to an opponent’s character. If that damage was not blocked, you may move an equipment or weapon from that character to another one of that opponent’s characters."

By the statement you as the one doing the damage get to pick the weapon or equipment to move and to what character it goes to. If the target already has their max upgrades the controller(Your opponent) chooses what gets discarded for the new upgrade. For Raikou the Blue upgrade is inly part of the "Play the card" part. So yes you could move that blue only lightsaber to a non blue character.

I assume the design for this was to move gear to soon to die characters or to move the upgrades to a character who has already been activated thus not allowing the upgrade to be rolled in. Or to remove it from play if it was rolled in already.