Any chance expansions will be re-released?

By Jedi Bendu, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

I have a lot of the soucebooks from waaaaaay back... but I'm far from complete as I'm missing many of the adventure packs etc.

Any chance other books will be reprinted? Has someone from FFG ever said anything about this?

No word, yet. I wouldn't count on it. This was strictly for the anniversary. FFG has their own Star Wars RPG line to pump money in to.

Yes FFG was asked this. It's a one off, and I believe the original announcement used language that suggested this was a lone release in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the game.

Yeah, pretty much everything that's been said about this product from FFG's side indicates this was a one-time thing, much like the beginner box for The Force Awakens era was itself a stand-alone and not any sort of lead-in for a TFA-era core rulebook.

Plus, as kaosoe said, FFG's got their own very successful RPG line to devote their budget towards.

It wouldn't make sense to continue this line without having produced all the rules upgrades as well (especially when they know everyone can send their files to lulu.com for printing). That said, it would be nice if they could reprint Crisis on Cloud City just to give us deluxe printed versions of the Sabacc cards!

16 minutes ago, Scott Bot said:

It wouldn't make sense to continue this line without having produced all the rules upgrades as well (especially when they know everyone can send their files to lulu.com for printing). That said, it would be nice if they could reprint Crisis on Cloud City just to give us deluxe printed versions of the Sabacc cards!

Heck it'd be really neat if they released those old adventures, they included option of converting starships to X-Wing like they did with the Star Warrior board game.

I'm sure there are too many practical issues standing in the way for it to happen, but it would be awesome if the old sourcebooks and adventures could become available for sale as PDFs at some point.

Of course there’s always a chance. Business is business. Buy enough units, and they’ll have no choice but to ride that train.

17 hours ago, Yuriksha said:

I'm sure there are too many practical issues standing in the way for it to happen, but it would be awesome if the old sourcebooks and adventures could become available for sale as PDFs at some point.

http://d6holocron.com

We could always hope that a third party might publish compilations, with bonus material, in a manner similar to what Goodman Games has done with Into the Borderlands. Only the licensing might be an issue, then.

1 hour ago, Scott Bot said:

We could always hope that a third party might publish compilations, with bonus material, in a manner similar to what Goodman Games has done with Into the Borderlands. Only the licensing might be an issue, then.

Given the copyrights are owned by Disney... If FFG says to Disney, "These old copyrights are a hot item"... Disney's likely to tell FFG, "Go ahead, and we take our share"...

If we want to see a reprint, the best chance is to get FFG to convince Disney to let them do it.

See, as long as FFG does it, it's not a harm to FFG's license; if anyone else does it, FFG's license is devalued by the competition.