Horrific Journeys

By Duciris, in Mansions of Madness

I really like what I'm seeing and reading. Even the box art has my attention.

At first I was like, "there's a scenario on a train!" and "there's an Engine tile and carriage tiles and rooms tiles," and then "omigosh there's an airship and cruiseship scenario!" Add those three scenarios on to the already existing 15 scenarios and there's going to be such an awesome mix. As a whole, Mansions of Madness is just going to be even better.

And the Human or Hybrid aspect of the ship scenario... I must have just the right players (I've trained them in how this universe works over traditional Win/Lose games - losing in this game can be amusing and make your work differently next time) with the right gumption to pull that off (scepticism and mistrust right from the beginning of 1 scenario, that'll be fun!). We don't play to 'Win' as the word win implies, we play to hopefully survive and solve the mystery in a universe where 'Lose' in the rulebook just means we (in the real world) learn and try again on another session. It's more about surviving and solving, as you can 'Win' in this game and it's not even the best/top ending you can get for that scenario, so 'Win' can have different feels. Sure, we follow the 'Win' and 'Lose' conditions, but it's more about having the immersive experience together - sometimes it drags on, sometimes it ends suddenly, sometimes the horric clock is against us, but it all makes for different experiences). We even laugh when 'traitor' Insanity cards happen, because the game just went off on a tangent nobody was expecting (and we've had some very memorable Insanities being played out on the table). Of course we chastise the Insane player for working against us, but we also congratulate them for a job well done. And if we all 'Lose' we just know that fictionally horrible things have happened but we'll continue investigating another time with a bunch of the other available investigators (or a same one once they're out of the hospital and/or sanitarium).

Anyway, looking forward to Horrific Journeys.

cool looks nice though kinda little expansion for the price they ask imho.. wonder if they will do more expansions after ? i would love to play something like madness oriental express / masks of nyarlthotep scenarios

Can anyone with a high enough Lore of the Mythos identify these four upcoming Monster miniatures?

(I suspect that the man with the walking stick is a human Monster (like the Hired Gun), but there's also every chance it's some supernatural entity.)

mad27_plastics-all-art.png

The walking stick guy kinda resembles the Arkham Horror warlock. Critter on the right could be a Ghast? One on the left maybe a Ghoul?

The guy with a stick could be a warlock (see the original Arkham Horror monster with a cane behind his shoulders), and the towering monstrosity a formless spawn? Just a blind guess

The thing I like the most is the hi-five giving deep one...

5 hours ago, KalEl814 said:

The walking stick guy kinda resembles the Arkham Horror warlock  . Critter on the right could be a Ghast? One on the left maybe a Ghoul?

2 hours ago, Julia said:

The guy with a stick could be a warlock (see the original Arkham Horror monster with a cane behind his shoulders), and the towering monstrosity a formless spawn? Just a blind guess

I think you both are definitely on the case about the Monster with the stick potentially being a Warlock (gain 1 Clue each). :)

ah85_main.png b2aa1e74aae2bec469954f4aa62d95f6--horror

2bdb350545794924dd63bac1380ed33f--lovecr

The real question then, is if he can walk through walls?

AHC11_34.jpg

This is definitely not the best picture, and doesn't show everything, but it's something:

38528889_1777464515707273_80472819496449

Big cruise ship!

I pass on this, i play mainly in 2 and have a scenario that don't scale good in 2p is really a bad idea (Mansion Madness's expansions aren't cheap)

(It is not surprising that the abandonment of Nikki Valens corresponds with these outlandish ideas.)

On 7/25/2018 at 10:26 PM, Julia said:

No idea what the big one is, but it would make a better Formless Spawn than the old miniature (which had a lot of form actually)

3627EFA0-C934-440D-8D15-2CF678B82E29.jpeg

Also...

Yes! Finally Silas is joining! He is one of my favorite investigators.

I guess he came to Kingsport on that cruise ship.

It would be cool for Silas to have different deployment instructions when playing him with the ship scenario (similiar to Lola in the first Path to Carcosa scenario in the LCG), like having him start near the crew quarters.

Guessing the left most monster on the photo is a Dimensional Shambler.

The guy with the cane could be a warlock, although he could also be a character with the bald “Innsmouth Look”. It would fit with the Deep One.

is it out ?

4 hours ago, soulman said:

is it out ?

If you click on the link in the post above yours, you can see its still at the printer. Considering that it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks at least for products to appear in stores after moving to 'on the boat', I wouldn't actually expect it to be available before December. I'm actually expecting it closer to January.

7 hours ago, neosmagus said:

If you click on the link in the post above yours, you can see its still at the printer. Considering that it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks at least for products to appear in stores after moving to 'on the boat', I wouldn't actually expect it to be available before December. I'm actually expecting it closer to January.

Was hoping it might be available at Arkham Nights.....

my website got it wrong..... now it has the same date as Arkham which is already on the boat... so a cock up..... waiting for Arkham....waiting.........

I can't wait! I hope we get it soon. :)

So excited Trish is coming to Mansions! She's been my favorite since she showed up in AH 2ed Innsmouth :D. Also, I really like her new sculpt, much better than the pre-painted mini. (And this might just be me, but I'm happy to see her in a trenchcoat and pants - much more spy-like than a mini skirt!) Now I just need Trish to show up in AH LCG!

Added to "Shipping Now" today! ETA November 29!

2 hours ago, Duciris said:

Added to "Shipping Now" today! ETA November 29!

Fantastic!!!

It totally skipped the 'On The Boat' stage... it must have taken a not-so-horrific journey of its own! :)

Never have me and my friends lost a scenario as quickly as we did "Hidden Depths". I succumbed to my injuries already during the fifth mythos phase but the reason we lost was due to my friend's pact with Yog-Sothoth, which he fulfilled just thereafter... Hopefully we get further at our next attempt.