when will there be a reprint of the expansions?

By totalawedude, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

i got this game and bought a couple of expansions for it, but all of the others are wayyyy too expensive right now. does anyone have any idea when ffg will reprint them?

Now with the announcement of 3rd Edition, it's looking less likely that these will ever be reprinted. The box art for the new edition doesn't mention "3rd Edition" anywhere obvious to distinguish it so it's likely a direct replacement and they don't plan on having incompatible expansions for an older version on the shelves to confuse people.

Whether 3rd Ed. turns out ot be a great game or not, I'm disappointed to see the end of this iteration of an iconic game. There's no reason they couldn't have called the new one Arkham Horror: [something] and left this around for new generations of gamers to continue to play.

I just checked (as I paid a bit more than MSRP for Dark Pharaoh), and this is not a 100% indicator of plans, but all Arkham 2E except for Dice are no longer in the Awaiting Reprint section.

3rd edition means 2nd edition is forever gone. Grab what you can when you can

Keep checking Ebay. While true some people started or been selling the expansions for high prices (I have been checking there daily for couple months now since I was looking for a full collection deal since some expansions were out of print for sometime), however you could also find a good deal. I managed to find a deal for the game with all the expansions around $285 and free shipping few days ago. half the expansions opened and played and sleeved, while the other half were still in shrink wrap and the pictures showed the game as if it was barely used. So if anyone looking for a copy, Ebay is a good place for that, as you don't know what deals you might find.

That's just my opinion, and I'm not 100% sure on this I mean I could be wrong but in my opinion, if anyone is still looking for the game, don't give up and don't buy it from scalpers, the game been out for a long time and many people have it, so one thing for sure is that more copies/collections should pop up once people try the third edition and maybe find themselves liking it more than the second edition. Also in my opinion the prices for expansions went up since the announcement for the third edition but I think there are way too many copies out there, so it could be found for good prices but again I could be wrong here.

However when looking it up on Ebay it was a bit annoying since it showed me AH LCG even though I searched for AH board game so keep that in mind when searching there.

Originally when I heard about the third edition I was going to wait for it, but then saw couple videos from GenCon showing the third edition which I didn't like that much since I'm a fan of having the full board on my table and maybe an extra expansion board or two :D And don't know, while the artwork looked beautiful on the new edition there was something pulling me more toward the second edition, I guess it's the classic look it have? Not sure but I'm getting my AH collection tomorrow and can't wait to play it this weekend :D.

Good luck to everyone who is trying to find a copy.

14 hours ago, MrBunny2 said:

However when looking it up on Ebay it was a bit annoying since it showed me AH LCG even though I searched for AH board game so keep that in mind when searching there.

Searching for "Arkham Horror -LCG -Card" helps somewhat with that, even if it doesn't completely eliminate it.

Yeah I just got 2nd Edition Arkham Horror in March. Bought Dunwich Horror for it as I was told that was a pretty important expansion. I really wanted Innsmouth Horror to go with Arkham Horror, but it went out of print, and I'm not paying $125-150 for it. Really disappointed in FFG and won't be buying anything more from them for Eldritch Horror either. Their customer service is the pits too. I've both e-mailed and called to tell them how unhappy I am with them and they haven't answered a phone call or returned an e-mail.

Dunwich just got updated to "awaiting reprint" 2 days ago. Maybe there's still hope?

2 hours ago, Jerek said:

Dunwich just got updated to "awaiting reprint" 2 days ago. Maybe there's still hope?

That's weird. Did anyone notice if it was available in their store recently? Maybe it's an automatic thing that happens when they sell out of an item. I suspect it will be deleted soon like all the other expansions were. But fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, tomihawk said:

That's weird. Did anyone notice if it was available in their store recently? Maybe it's an automatic thing that happens when they sell out of an item. I suspect it will be deleted soon like all the other expansions were. But fingers crossed.

Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath: in the past, the reprints queue and in general the upcoming page of this site proved being wrong beyond redemption (we had items for 18 months on the boat, items in development for years and then cancelled, items awaiting reprint while a new edition of the game was in the works).

A friend of mine in Canada saw at a garage sale an entire collection of AH 2nd edition sold for 51 CAD total. I'd suggest looking for good deals in the future: at some point, 3rd edition will be out, and requests for missing parts for 2nd edition will drop

On 9/29/2018 at 1:03 AM, Julia said:

Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath: in the past, the reprints queue and in general the upcoming page of this site proved being wrong beyond redemption (we had items for 18 months on the boat, items in development for years and then cancelled, items awaiting reprint while a new edition of the game was in the works).

A friend of mine in Canada saw at a garage sale an entire collection of AH 2nd edition sold for 51 CAD total. I'd suggest looking for good deals in the future: at some point, 3rd edition will be out, and requests for missing parts for 2nd edition will drop

Which is why i did some SERIOUS interweb surfing managed to find a new copy of Innsmouth Horror over the weekend... tbh I'm not expecting anymore 2nd ed reprints :( it's the only expansion i really wanted along with 'Mountains' for EH

barring that 3rd edition is a complete failure, I would not expect new reprints of a older game version. Ebay and luck of yard sales is your best hope.

I humbly ask other visitors of this thread to not feed the troll.

King in Yellow is available at fantasywelt.

Edited by player2439400

I have sealed copies of Dunwich Horror and King In Yellow I'm happy to sell and ship....looking for Dark Pharaoh (Revised)

I sold my game with all expansions including the Book mail-in cards about a year ago and of course now I'm getting nostalgic, trying to get them back. A company I ordered from shipped the wrong expansions that I'd already re-bought, and won't take refunds...so I'm sure I'll find them a home somewhere!

Edited by Krysmo
On 1/18/2019 at 7:52 PM, Krysmo said:

A company I ordered from shipped the wrong expansions (...) and won't take refunds...

Whoah. Isn't this scam? Maybe you could warn us which company should we avoid.

5 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

Whoah. Isn't this scam? Maybe you could warn us which company should we avoid.

yeah it totally was. They said it was 'human error' and they could refund the games but not replace them with the ones I ordered. The problems were:

1. I was travelling and left the games at home, and they gave me 6 weeks to return them full stop...I guess I could have done better effort there BUT

2. before I ordered them, I noticed the "Dark Pharaoh" expansion image was in French. I wrote them to ensure that I'd be getting the "Dark Pharaoh" English edition along with the Black Goat in same. They wrote back saying yes, they are English editions. Then I get the wrong items. So that says more than human error to me.

eBay seller is "urbaninspirationsca", and they had an external provider that they didn't name.