Wormhole recontruction law against Creuss?

By MrBody, in Twilight Imperium

Wormhole Reconstruction (Law)
For: All systems that contain either an alpha or beta wormhole are adjacent to each other.
Against: Each player places a command token from his reinforcements in each system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of his ships.

This has to be some kind of oversight to not state that 'against' only counts for Alpha and Beta wormholes. The against condition is practically game over for a Creuss player. It seems blatantly unfair to lock out delta wormholes (even locking out the systems with the Creuss A&B wormhole generator tokens seems unfair).

Couldn't find an errata on the site. Is there one floating around that clarifies this? It seems like an oversight that Creuss are meant to be immune to any game effects that lock out wormholes, but the wording of that ability doesn't cover having a command counter put on the system. Wasn't their ability wording in TI3 that no wormhole laws affect them?

There are 2 laws that are utter death to Creuss. This is one of them.

Agendas matter. If you can wipe out the TG stockpile of the Hacan or Mentak, or eliminate 3 of the 5 dreadnoughts of the Mindnet, you can force the Ghosts to have a bad turn.

This is a response to TI3 where we voted ourselves 2 TGs each and called it a day. No one had the courage to propose the big laws so they went unplayed. Not anymore! FFG is demanding you have big agenda phases. That means peoples games are on the line. Navigate the rapids, or drown.

As a Ghosts player, I can attest to the unnecessary brutality of the two agendas. We have enough problems as it is without having to keeps some political secrets or forcing the agenda to get skipped through other means and trades.

Laws that do not pass do not stay in play. So if the result is against, players only have to block the wormholes they occupy for the one turn after the vote.

Edited by Popperlicious

That is correct, but still it means that the ghosts can't activate about 2/3 of the systems they control if playing right.

As far as i understand Quantum entanglement : You treat all systems that contain either an alpha or a beta wormhole as adjacent to
eachother. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability .

And according to RR "cannot" has the greatest priority and may not be overruled by anything else. Thus this law will affect only non-Ghosts players.

It gives non Ghost players the same ability as the Ghosts. That is the reason why that is so brutal. The primary strength of the Ghosts is their mobility, by having such a highly mobile fleet it lets them do things that aren't able to be done by other players. If you give all of the other players at the table the same ability, you literally leave them with only a slightly faster speed and a separated home system, that's it. They don't get any other special ability to make them still stand out, they just become even more mediocre. I also say that as a primary Ghost player, I love them but take away the advantage of wormholes being their play thing and share it with everyone and they crumble like a cracker.