Showcase: Lando's Millennium Falcon & Escape Craft

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Here we feature Lando's Falcon. It is a special case for the YT-1300 as it is in my opinion different enough with the Escape Craft that it warrants it's own page.

swz04_a1_new-falcon2.png

swz04_a2_header.png

FIRST!

Falcon part pending...

avJeOr9r.jpg

I've been looking at mine and trying to decide how to approach it. I'm concerned that the snugness of the fit is going to rub paint off where the Falcon and the shuttle join. I'm thinking about sticking with a scheme which is close to the original gray so I can leave those parts unpainted? Not sure yet.

I've got plans to straight up merge the shuttle with my next one I purchase, remove the dish, cockpit, and make the shuttle the cockpit.

2 hours ago, You Look Like A Nail said:

I've been looking at mine and trying to decide how to approach it. I'm concerned that the snugness of the fit is going to rub paint off where the Falcon and the shuttle join. I'm thinking about sticking with a scheme which is close to the original gray so I can leave those parts unpainted? Not sure yet.

I don't have this ship, but I have painted something similar for another game. What I did was prime the model and remove/insert the loose part several times while not being all too careful. The removed paint I incorporated in the design as actual damage. Hope this makes sense ?

My skills and experience is nowhere near what's being shown here though.

Possible solutions to the rubbing off problems:

- Using a similar color scheme (Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

- Sanding down the bits that will touch to account for the extra primer and paint thickness to reduce the rubbing.

- Tons and tons of varnish.

- Or just do what we did with the Ghost and keep the nose-pod on it's pilot card until needed.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:56 PM, Polda said:

FIRST!

Falcon part pending...

avJeOr9r.jpg

I'm not into modding or painting my ships but this right here is a winner. Please tell me those colors .... Great paint scheme. This literally gives me a Empire Strikes Back Lando Calrissan flashback with his cape, simply brillant.

Edited by Cgriffith
10 hours ago, CyCo said:

Wow, bloody awesome. You know the Snowmans trailer was briefly the Walking Dead? Season 7, ep 10.

8]

Yup, I thought it was familiar, and was working it out when Talking Dead talked about it.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:46 PM, Cgriffith said:

I'm not into modding or painting my ships but this right here is a winner. Please tell me those colors .... Great paint scheme. This literally gives me a Empire Strikes Back Lando Calrissan flashback with his cape, simply brillant.

Thanks.

It's a bunch of greens and brown mixed pretty much at random (can't wait to have to match it by eye on the main Falcon body).

Elysian Green/Mournfang Bown as base IIRC. Then different mixes of E lysian Green, Ogryn Camo, Zandri dust, Yriel Yellow on the front facing of the pannels.

Zandri Dust/Screaming Skull/Ceramite White for the edge highlights.

Black, Mechanicus Standard Grey, Celestra gray and Ceramite white for the "gray" pannels.

Celestra/Ceramite White for edge highlights.

No blending, I want it looking all streaky and cartoony with visible shading. Also I suck at blending.

Small dabs of Mechanicus/Celestra Gray with torn piece of foam for the small paint chips.

No washes.

Edited by Polda
On 10/3/2018 at 4:34 PM, Captain Lackwit said:

I've got plans to straight up merge the shuttle with my next one I purchase, remove the dish, cockpit, and make the shuttle the cockpit.

Front of an Upsilon Shuttle might be useful here.

6 hours ago, SOTL said:

Front of an Upsilon Shuttle might be useful here.

ooh, smart

Edit:

Done, I think 😉

Uv9gTEs.jpg

xyVqPuK.jpg

Edited by Polda

Nicely done

I have a falcon I want to show off. How do I upload a photo? Every time I try to attach a file, it says it is too big. Do i need to do it on a computer instead of phone? Thanks!

2 hours ago, BrotherFett said:

I have a falcon I want to show off. How do I upload a photo? Every time I try to attach a file, it says it is too big. Do i need to do it on a computer instead of phone? Thanks!

upload it to a site like imgur and paste the jpeg link here

Edited by Polda

Here is my Falcon I had my dad paint for me. He is a professional air brush artist (this is is website if you want to check out his stuff: https://www.warmachinetees.com ). He is also into modeling and plays x-wing with me. I convinced him to try his hand. It turned out great! My color scheme is dark orange and dark gray. Enjoy!

Tiny.png

Here it is with the pod.

Pod.jpg

What a piece of junk

95567710.jpg

24aed110.jpg

d5c45910.jpg

cunning_amaran_by_marcusstarkiller_de9hd

The Cunning Amaran is a modified CEC YT-1300 Light Freighter currently owned by a male human and his male amaran life partner.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:37 AM, Marcus Starkiller said:

cunning_amaran_by_marcusstarkiller_de9hd

The Cunning Amaran is a modified CEC YT-1300 Light Freighter currently owned by a male human and his male amaran life partner.

Also, there is an alternative for the scape craft Who’s the F-LER

l2uWFEF.jpg

I have designed and 3D printed if someone is interested on it, you can contact me..

More pictures for the F-LER

0cTltqr.jpg

q88OKFc.jpg

MGy8WTO.jpg