Maro based list

By Susanooo, in Runewars List Building

Ive came up with another approach to necromancer maro and i want you feedback about this list. Its pretty light on units but in my opinion its pretty universal.

199/200
Ankaur Maro [40] 1x1
Heartseeker [10]
Violent Forces [6]
Total Unit Cost: 56

Reanimates [50] 3x3
Deathcaller [5]
Support Carrion Lancer [6]
Blighted Vexillum Bearer [3]
Simultaneous Orders [2]
Total Unit Cost: 66

Reanimate Archers [45] 3x2
Close Quarters Targeting [3]
Total Unit Cost: 48

Death Knights [24] 2x1
Obcasiums Gauntlet [5]
Total Unit Cost: 29

Whole concept with heartseker is to keep that expensive maro alive to let him add up trays and potentially kill some stuff. With that articack he can just move right behind the reanimate block (or archers) and keep attackig the same unit the block is engaged with. Aditionally Reanimates use good old deathcaller blight combo for high armor targets and archers are another threat with their 3 wide formation and ability to shot into close combat. Death knights are supoosed to flank and protect rest of the army form enemy flankers adn thanks to obcasium gauntlet they can deal with such things with ease. What do you think?

199/200

Reanimates [35] 3x2
Dispatch Runner [7] -
Blighted Vexillum Bearer [3] -
[Music]
Remove Unit [45]
Reanimates [35] 3x2
File Leader [6] -
Raven-Standard Bearer [3] -
[Music]
Eliminar unidad [44]
Death Knights [24] 2x1
Obcasiums Gauntlet [5] -
[Training]
Remove Unit [29]
Death Knights [24] 2x1
[Artifact]
Momento de la inspiración [5] -
Remove Unit [29]
Ankaur Maro [40] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6] -
Violent Forces [6] -
Eliminar unidad [52]

Maro betwen reanimates + DKs on each flank.

Reliable.

In my opinion The only way that makes sense if you're wanting to use Maro for bringing in trays is to have regenerative magic. And honestly violent forces is dangerous, just because 4unstable gives you one health left. That's a dangerous game, without regenerative magic, you will need to roll an eventual 8 surges or use his surge modifier, but anyone not taking 2 hits or a mortal wound is crazy. I think the only way to run Maro for the specific desire to bring in trays is in a 3x2 of reanimates or a 2x2 with ardus on the field.

Sorry it was a double post. I'll also use my accidental extra post and ask why is only SOME of your stuff in Spanish?

199/200

Reanimates [35] 3x2
Dispatch Runner [7] -
Blighted Vexillum Bearer [3] -
[Music]
Remove Unit [45]
Reanimates [35] 3x2
File Leader [6] -
Raven-Standard Bearer [3] -
[Music]
Eliminar unidad [44]
Death Knights [24] 2x1
Obcasiums Gauntlet [5] -
[Training]
Remove Unit [29]
Death Knights [24] 2x1
[Artifact]
Momento de la inspiración [5] -
Remove Unit [29]
Ankaur Maro [40] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6] -
Violent Forces [6] -
Eliminar unidad [52]
Edited by Curlycross
4 hours ago, Curlycross said:

Sorry it was a double post. I'll also use my accidental extra post and ask why is only SOME of your stuff in Spanish?

It's because these dead lived in north america. Some of them spoke Spanish and some English, so Maro and the dispatch runner Reanimates actually have a hard time communicating some days.

16 hours ago, Willange said:

It's because these dead lived in north america. Some of them spoke Spanish and some English, so Maro and the dispatch runner Reanimates actually have a hard time communicating some days.

What’s “attack the big fat guy before he eats us all?” In Spanish?

Does the dispatch runner have one of those language CDs?

4 hours ago, Suhawk75 said:

What’s “attack the big fat guy before he eats us all?” In Spanish?

Does the dispatch runner have one of those language CDs?

Ataque al gordo antes de que nos coma a todos.

Edited by wisetiger7
1 hour ago, wisetiger7 said:

Ataque al gordo antes de que nos coma a todos.

Pretty sure my friends have said that a few times when I've arrived at parties.

Edited by Willange

I actually find this list very strong. All it has to do is keep quite close together, and Maro will be just fine.

Kari is his main enemy, But she can be taken out by deathcaller, archers and DK's.

199/200
Ankaur Maro [40] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6]
Violent Forces [6]
Total Unit Cost: 52

Spined Threshers [28] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 28

Reanimate Archers [45] 3x2
Tempered Steel [3]
Close Quarters Targeting [3]
Total Unit Cost: 51

Death Knights [24] 2x1
Obcasiums Gauntlet [5]
Total Unit Cost: 29

Wraiths [24] 3x1
Total Unit Cost: 24

Carrion Lancers [15] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 15

On 8/9/2018 at 8:53 AM, Curlycross said:

In my opinion The only way that makes sense if you're wanting to use Maro for bringing in trays is to have regenerative magic. And honestly violent forces is dangerous, just because 4unstable gives you one health left. That's a dangerous game, without regenerative magic, you will need to roll an eventual 8 surges or use his surge modifier, but anyone not taking 2 hits or a mortal wound is crazy. I think the only way to run Maro for the specific desire to bring in trays is in a 3x2 of reanimates or a 2x2 with ardus on the field.

Fortunately his skill ability is "up to" the number of runes, so you can always choose a more conservative number.

I've been kicking around a Maro and Vorunthul based list.

12 trays of reanimates, executioner, Vorunthul, cursed signets, aggressive drummer, lingering dead

6 trays of reanimates, Maro

And... 56 more points.

Vorunthul adds brutal 1 and lets you swap a die for white. The executioner is golden against Ulthuk, so many multiwound models. Cursed Signets prevent banes for slowing down the wrecking train and lingering dead keeps trays around. The musician slot was a toss up for me between Aggressive Drummer and the reform after destroying. In a game against Ulthuk, the reanimate horde did 15 damage against a spined thresher block; 7 damage go through, 4 finished off the wounded thresher, put 2 on a thresher, and 1 on another thresher. Then the executioner offed the thresher that had 1 wound on it.

Maro adds trays to the death star, and Maro's unit hangs a little back behind the Vorunthul death star.

Edited by Darth Matthew

I would go with Triumphant Cry since you want that massive unit fighting as many turns as possible.

I'd probably fill the rest of the list with Lancers to protect flanks and a single 2x1 Archers with Rank.